Plate Product AssemblerOperations | Cheektowaga, NY, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem Cheektowaga facility is seeking Plate Product Assemblers for 3rd shift positions to assemble, test, paint, package Plate Heat Exchangers for shipment. The ideal candidate will have the ability to read and interpret blueprints and experience in assembly in a heavy manufacturing environment.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Perform work requiring a thorough knowledge of current practices, methods, techniques and principles of operation of various types of equipment, machines, tools, fixtures and instruments.
- Interprets drawings, checklists, specifications, routings, and procedures used in the fabrication of components and units. Inspects work to ensure compliance to all the aforementioned documents.
- Rig and operate crane, forklift truck, handcart, etc. to handle, move, and position parts and/or units within or between departments.
- Unloads carriers, uncrates, unpack, separates, processes receipts and stores materials. Enters appropriate information into database via computer, scanners, bar code equipment or manually generated forms.
- Plans and carries out all the tasks related to assembling, and testing Gasketed plate product.
- Verifies material is correct (quality, type, quantity) prior to the start of assembly. Transfers/records heat numbers to ensure material traceability is maintained.
- Ensures unit/part cleanliness per specification, customer requirement and/or procedure prior to releasing for shipment.
- Paint and package units and parts as necessary for shipment to customers or subcontractors
- Each person is responsible for verifying the quality of work through inspection and checking to
- Notify supervisor immediately of any shortages in work-center supplies, machine malfunction, quality issues, raw material problem, or problems with in process or completed work.
- Observe all safety and shop rules and notify supervisor of any unsafe conditions.
- Assists and/or trains new employees in job classification.
- Maintain good housekeeping and safe environment throughout work area(s), sweep area(s), wipe down, clears debris, arrange product, etc. on a daily basis to assure housekeeping is maintained.
- Verify all gauges and measuring tools are within proper calibration dates prior to using. Deliver and retrieve gages and measuring tools from calibration collection points.
- Sign off on paperwork (routers, checklists, or other documents) or through computer entry procedure or as directed to indicate operator has inspected work and it conforms to the applicable fabrication requirements (drawings, specs, codes, etc.) and to maintain status of fabrication.
- Wears, cleans and properly maintains all required personal protective equipment (PPE). Participates in personal air and noise sampling when directed.
- Perform daily safety checks on power vehicles and record findings on check off sheets.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1 to 2 years of assembly experience
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints
- Must pass an aptitude test
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Lifting (30-35 lbs.), manufacturing floor environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Regularly required to listen, talk to, and see employees on a daily basis.
- Typical Manufacturing environment
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.