Instrumentation and Control EngineerEngineering | ITC – Vadodara, Gujarat, India
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Instrumentation and Control Engineer at Vadodara India Technology Center. The ideal candidate will provide control system development and validation throughout the product development and project execution. Work closely with global engineers, product and project managers to develop products/project and to develop test procedures and test cases for final validation. Perform troubleshooting and field commissioning.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Participate in M&C (Monitoring and Controls) product development: preparation of design, specifications, analysis and recommendations for development of new products.
- Provide software development and validation throughout the product development and project execution.
- Instrument selection for water / Waste water projects.
- Work closely with process and electrical engineers to understand the project requirement and make P&ID documents.
- Work closely with global engineers, product and project managers to develop products and to develop test procedures and test cases for final validation.
- Understand the project requirements and develop roadmaps.
- Estimating task execution time and ensuring on-time delivery of work with quality.
- Perform Design Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (DFMEA).
- Prepare and get product certifications
- Prepare Design Documents
- Provide support to manufacturing unit.
- Support and resolve product field issues
- Develop testing tools and work with various stakeholders to ensure standard QE processes are implemented and followed at multiple sites across the world. Evaluate, recommend, and institutionalize improvements to integration test processes, work products/services, and results. Provides test support and mentoring to other members outside of the team.
- Keep well informed of new features and products/services. Be proactive in understanding product/service roadmaps and the implications of new features with peer engineers or self-training.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Engineering Degree in Instrumentation or Electrical
- Minimum 2-5 years of professional experience in areas directly related to Application Software development, instrument selection, commissioning and testing.
- Experience in instrument selection for measuring Flow, Pressure, Level, Temperature, pH, DO, Turbidity etc.
- Hands-on experience in calibrating instruments.
- Experience in developing Piping and Instrumentation drawings.
- Experience in the PLC / HMI / SCADA Programming.
- Experience with Allen Bradly, Siemens, B&R and Red Lion PLC is preferred.
- Experience in C programming is preferred.
- Experience in PLC programming languages as per 61131-3 Standard.
- Experience in Protocol Implementation (DNP3 / ModBus / MetaSys / ProfiNet / ProfiBus / EtherCAT / OPC UA / BACNET)
- Data communication using TCP/IP, FTP, UDP, data socket, shared & global variable
- Interface using GPIB, RS-232, SPI, I2C, RS-485 Modbus
- Experience in data logging and report generation using VB will be add-on advantage.
- Databases, MS SQL Server, MS access
- Knowledge of VFD (Variable Frequency Drives) and Pump/Blower Controls
- Experience with Auto-CAD tool and Electrical Design.
- Version control system
- Knowledge of software testing standards
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of engineers to meet aggressive goals and high quality standard
- Must be team focused, excellent communicator and collaborative demonstrated experience working with cross functional teams
- A high-energy, self-motivated, results oriented individual
- Strong technical, communication, and inter-personal capabilities
- Bias toward speed, strong sense of urgency
- Comfortable with customers and a customer advocate
- Listens and works well in team environment
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Learns new concepts quickly and autonomously
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively
- Searches out the best practice with continuous improvement mindset
- Proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other communication tools
- Fluency in English language is must
- Capable of working with cross functional teams
- Adaptability to work with different work culture, time zones
- Electrical test labs, high voltage potentials.
- Pump controls & test machines and rooms, high voltage potentials, mechanical hazards
- (moving machinery), high temperature hazards (hot metal,