Field TechnicianOperations | Houston, TX, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Field Technician I will provide support to the XLI inspection team by assisting with multiple above ground pipeline inspections. Which involves the locating of pipelines and documenting pipeline positions using electro-magnetic locators and GPS equipment.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Assist with measuring the AC Voltage Gradient (ACVG and DCVG) while walking above the buried pipeline.
- Assist and/or perform various over the line surveys (DOC, CIPS)
- Assist with all aspects of data collection and reporting in accordance with established procedure.
- Effectively communicate with land owners and clients presenting a positive company image at all times.
- Conform to corporate, client, and government operating and safety procedures
- Maintain all assigned equipment in good working order according to established procedures. Keep equipment charged as appropriate.
- Effectively communicate inspection concerns to the Lead Hand or Project Manager in a timely manner.
- Follow all H & S requirements, attend meetings, complete forms, etc.
- Provide support to other XLI inspection teams as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities & Education and Experience:
- Surveying and/or GPS experience an asset
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- ATV, snowmobile, argo, etc. experience an asset
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner and take initiative
- Strong communication skills
- Well-developed organizational skills
- High School Diploma or GED
- Technical school degree in Petroleum Engineering or Environmental Services an asset
- NACE certification an asset
- Class 5 Driver’s License with clean Abstract
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) and PC Skills
- Experience in corrosion control, protective coatings and cathodic protection monitoring an asset
- Must be willing and physically capable to spend long days on foot over rugged, remote terrain in inclement weather
- Must be available to work away from home on shift schedules up to 12 hours per day up to 3 weeks at a time