Customer Experience SpecialistOperations | Norwich, CT, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The Customer Experience Specialist (CES) will assist customers in a personalized and friendly manner to ensure every experience is an exceptional one. The CES is available to assist customers with their Xylem product selection and availability, order entry, product delivery and return and invoicing.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Manage inbound phone calls, online inquires and customer walk-ins.
- Process customer requests such as rental quote generation and order placement over the phone, in person or via e-mail.
- Answer routine product questions and direct questions to appropriate service or sales personnel when necessary.
- Enter orders and arrange delivery to all sites and locations per the individual agreement including an understanding of the agreement of freight terms.
- When needed, assist with loading product for customer delivery. Ensure delivery personnel have accurate site address details for delivery as well as appropriate paperwork for customer acceptance.
- Complete off-rental process in RentalResults. Schedule product pick-up and prepare paperwork for customer sign off.
- Support Service Shop Technicians in completing work orders and pulling necessary parts for product repair.
- Ensure purchase orders are properly entered into procurement system to include price and quantity. Complete process for receiving materials, goods and services timely and accurately.
- Schedule and coordinate preventative and corrective maintenance for sales and delivery vehicles.
- Act as site champion for safety. Manage injury reporting through GenSuite. Participate in routine safety calls and/or meetings.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- High school graduate; 2 or 4 year college graduate preferred
- Prior experience in a rental environment preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Effective interpersonal skills with customers and employees
- Computer proficiency to include Microsoft Word and Excel
- Solid math skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize, meet deadlines and work independently with initiative
- Resourceful and well organized; efficient and detail oriented
- Ability to adapt to frequent change in a high pressure environment
- Strong sense of responsibility and desire to complete tasks properly
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
Specialized Knowledge Required – Including any required certificates, licenses, and registrations
- Forklift certification preferred
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Considerable standing, walking, bending, heavy lifting (up to 50 pounds) and carrying.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Intermittent exposure to all outdoors weather conditions; intermittent exposure to shop and jobsite noise (to maximums of 95 decibels).
- Travel: As required to fulfill the duties listed above. Other travel as needed or required by the company.
- Extended hours as needed (weekends, overtime and on-call rotations)
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.