Technical Proposal Content Manager, UtilitiesMarketing | Morrisville, NC (RTP), United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networ
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Technical Proposal Content Manager to become part of a growing proposal team that supports the Sensus and Assessment Services businesses. The Content Manager will work with other Proposal Content Managers to build out companywide winning proposal content that describes Xylem solutions, components, and solution management. Content Manager will be responsible for generating, maintaining, and using content used in Xylem proposal submissions. Content will be stored in a library for readiness in subsequent proposals.
The Proposal Content Manager reports to the Content Team Manager and will regularly interface with sales, project management, product management, and other entities within Xylem. The Content Managers are expected to be the proposal team solution experts; and be able to translate technical material into a voice our customers will better understand; including value and market acceptance.
Content management is both a team and individual endeavor within Xylem; the successful candidate will have demonstrated success with the principles and best practices of content management, deep understanding of Xylem solutions, and technical writing.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Primary contributor to the creation and maintenance of content that meets the needs of the proposal team
- Be the Subject Matter Expert with Xylem solutions through direct interaction with the proposal team and process
- Provide informal training to proposal team on solutions and components to aid their understanding of the market and Xylem solutions
- Continuously learn about the technologies and products in our solutions portfolio
- Understand Xylem’s mission, overall strategy, brand and messaging to be able to convey one, unified voice.
- Use content expertise outside the core proposal; assist with questions and material pre and post RFP; content advisor to sales at the shortlist stage of negotiations.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field preferred
- 7+ years' related work experience in technical content and proposal writing
- Utility knowledge is a requirement; Xylem solution knowledge is preferred
- 5+ years' experience in content creation and management
- Work quickly and independently with minimum supervision to meet scheduling requirements
- Strong technical understanding
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Highly motivated individual who is able to grasp complex software and hardware products quickly
- Minimal travel required.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.