Business Development Manager AnalyticsSales | Lainate, Italy, Italy
Overview of Xylem
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
- BDM will report directly to Country Analytics Manager for the Italian market
- BDM will be responsible for sales and business development of Xylem Analytics portfolio in defined territory or market
- BDM will be responsible for sales and business development of Xylem Analytics service in defined territory or market
- BDM will provide reporting and forecast
- It is an external role with a large % of time spent with our local sales Xylem team to promote Xylem solutions
- Manages demonstrations with customers
- Manages technical and sales training with customers
- Manages the applications issues of the customers
- Work with the service department to resolve any customer disputes
- Develop sales and support materials and training programs
- Provides reporting and forecast
- Has a strong focus on Opportunity Pipeline/Key Account Plan/Value Selling
- Management of distribution accounts required
- Liaising with global product managers of our company
- Experience in key markets of environmental, water municipalities, aquaculture, research an advantage
- Technical Bachelor’s degree in a science field.
- Three to ten 10 years’ experience in water or environmental market
- Experience working with manufacture of instrumentation, liaising and feeding back information and opportunities
- Previous experience selling analytical instruments in water or environmental markets
- Previous experience selling analytical service in water or environmental markets
- Fluent in English and Italian language (German is a plus)
- Familiar with the Microsoft software pack Familiar with SDFC or others CRM
- Customer-oriented and proactive communication
Availability to travel between 50%-75% mainly in Italy, occasionally in Europe if needed
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Team work oriented
- Presentation skills
- Problem solving
- Time management
- Excellent communication,coordination and relationship skills