Burr BenchOperations | Lubbock, TX, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Burr Bench Operator, 2nd Shift, to perform deburring, under filing, polishing and balancing operations on pump impellers of various metallurgies.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Maintain high safety standards and follow all company safety rules
- Balance impellers on balancing machines.
- Clean impellers with files and pneumatic grinders to smooth surfaces
- Under file and polish impellers following engineering chart or PIR instructions
- Select correct arbor and bearing segments and set machines for balancing
- Use standard setup sheets or make new setup sheets, recording machine adjustments for impellers not previously balanced
- Set machine in operation to determine out of balance sections
- Calculate amount of stock to grind to remove stock.
- Utilize provided PPE when grinding (protective face hood, safety glasses, cut-resistant gloves, ear plugs, apron, sleeves) as well as employee owned metatarsal guard safety shoes.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Ability to communicate with people and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Should be able to learn to understand and apply the principals involved in the operation of the dynamic balancing and under filing operations, and apply these principles in balancing and under filing various sized impellers.
- Use shop arithmetic and make simple calculations, and read curves.
- 6 months or more of industrial/manufacturing experience.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Work in standing position 10 hours/shift
- Considerable arm movement and walking required; bending and stooping
- Work requires close attention to lifting and handling of medium weight parts up to 35 lbs. Heavy parts raised to position with chain hoist.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Average shop conditions with some temperature variations due to seasons
- Subjected to noisy environment requires wearing of ear plugs.
- Work around and with electrical leads, electric motors & wiring
- Standard PPE required: safety glasses, ear plugs, safety shoes with toe and metatarsal guards, gloves and work uniform.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.