- Optimize system performance
- Increase efficiency
- Automatic start and stop with switch, transducer and SCADA remote signal
- Protects against over current and temperature
- Protects against short circuit, under voltage and phase loss
- Available for all electric driven Godwin Dri-Prime and Heidra pumps
Variable Frequency Drives
Xylem offers Godwin Variable Frequency Drives (VFD) to automatically vary electric motor speed for Godwin Dri-Prime and Heidra pumps.
Godwin VFDs enable variable speed control to optimize system performance, increase efficiency and mechanical reliability by automatically starting and stopping electric motors using switches, transducers and SCADA remote signals. Godwin VFDs monitor motor conditions such as speed, torque, voltage, current and power, and mitigates the effects of waterhammer from startup and shutdown of pumps. VFDs allow operators to maintain wet-well level and discharge pressures.
Godwin VFDs also provide power savings by enabling the pump and motor speed to vary and match system demands, using only the energy required. VFD technology is ideal for applications such as drinking water distribution systems, booster pump applications, pumping into sanitary force mains and other pump applications that require a pump to match a pressure, level or flow condition.