Treatment EngineerEngineering | Farnborough, UK, United Kingdom
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The overall role is for a Treatment Engineering Technician to deliver technical service support across the various Xylem treatment brands nationwide. This will include service engineering support to the Treatment department covering the five product brands Flygt, Godwin, Leopold, Sanitaire & Wedeco.
Key responsibilities include:
- Pre-site testing and on-site commissioning of plant and recording results
- Repairs and site modifications – electrical and mechanical
- Customer training in product range.
- Responsible for ensuring that the company at all times adheres to the relevant NICEIC, WIMES and H&S Standards.
- Liaise between the customer and our engineering departments
- Support the Company in maintaining the highest possible standards of Health and Safety at Work, this in accordance with current legislation and policies laid down by the Company.
- Produce detailed service reports in a timely manner
- Carry out other tasks as may be defined by the company that may be required in order to develop the business.
- To ensure that all work carried out conforms to the company’s QA Procedures at all times.
- To ensure that all work carried out conforms to the XYLEM Corporate Code of Conduct
- Experience of working on process electrical equipment
- Any experience working within the water/pump industry is advantageous although not essential.
- Knowledge of mechanical/electrical and general specifications associated within the water industry in the UK.
- Experienced in industrial control system components, control panels and wiring
- Capable of working with electrical circuit diagrams and specifications.
- A strong personality able to deal with customers and suppliers in difficult contractual situations
- Flexibility to be able to travel throughout the UK and to be able to commit the time required to ensure that contract deadlines are met
- Organisational skills for handling of workload for installation scope and for performing tasks in a timely and correctly prioritised manner.
- Time served electrician with relevant associated qualifications
- A thorough grounding in Electrical Engineering and an awareness of current industry standards including the 17th Edition.
- Relevant product, associated spares and market knowledge would be beneficial
- Computer literate
- Good communication and organisation skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines