Regional Sales Manager - WestSales | Any Location - Texas, United States
We’re Hiring for a West Regional Sales Manager!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The West Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for managing sales and technical support for the West Region in our Xylem Lab Solutions market vertical. The key roles of a Regional Sales Manager will include managing a team of Regional Sales Representatives and sales of YSI, OI Analytical, Gerhardt, Bellingham and Stanley and SI Analytics products and services in a specified region or major geographical area. We offer a full benefits package to include Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Identify high revenue opportunities and provide support to the Xylem Lab Solutions sales team.
- Organize sales training for representatives in order to identify target markets, address competitive technologies, and outline proper business strategies for our Xylem Lab Solutions products and services.
- Work with representatives to develop annual business territory plans, promotional plans, and sales strategies.
- Develop medium and long-term plans for continuous improvement of representative’s performance and the market development in the region.
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be required based on organizational needs.
- Maintain visibility with customers, team members and the Xylem Analytics management organization.
- Submit monthly call reports concerning sales related activities for opportunities, quotes, orders, and problem resolution.
- Maintain monthly forecasts accurately projecting current and future business.
- Identify and source new business resulting in the growth of the region at or above target.
- Assessing competitive risks and highlighting product strengths.
- Administrative work including the:
- Maintenance of customer information in company CRM, SFDC
- File expense reports in a complete and timely manner
- Prepare business plans for adequate coverage of the region.
Establish and maintain communication with supervisor, marketing, technical support, and other inter-company personnel as required to achieve sales quota and meet goals and objectives for the region.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Physical Science, advanced degree in Business Administration with sales experience for analytical instrumentation, or commensurate experience
- 3 years’ experience managing sales channels, preferably within the analytical instrumentation industry.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the sales process.
- Must be well organized and highly motivated.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple sales opportunities and tasks.
- Must possess reasoning ability to solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Must be proficient in MS Office.
DAY IN THE LIFE:
In this role, the working environment may consist of intermittent exposure to outdoor weather conditions and shop/jobsite noise. The physical demands may include, but not limited to considerable standing, walking, bending, and occasional lifting of up to 75 pounds. In addition, this role requires up to 50% travel.
The estimated salary range for this position is $85,000 to $105,000 plus bonus. Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, company vehicle, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.