Production Scheduler/SIOP AnalystOperations | Cheektowaga, NY, United States
Overview of Xylem
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Brief Description/Job Summary
The Role: The Production Scheduler will perform scheduling functions to support customer orders requirements and execute site level builds goals, balancing production capacity. Act as a liaison between manufacturing, materials and customer service functions. Investigate root cause and develop/implement process improvements to ensure adherence to agreed production schedule.
Essential Scheduling Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Schedules production based on the ERP system using various shop floor systems. Schedules based on customer orders and/or Kanban requirements to satisfy the production plan and customer schedules.
- Coordinates with factory supervision, highlight gaps in available manpower.
- Update schedules and manufacturing orders based on customer order changes. Changes include cancellation, expedite, changed specifications, or changed dates.
- Prioritizes shop loading and projects based on customer requirements, engineering statuses and material availability
- Maintain manufacturing orders with correct dates and status, missed component issues including post deduct errors.
- Monitor and release customer orders in scheduling software based on material availability communicated by purchasing team.
- Communicate potential part shortages to purchasing and factory teams. Update on time information in designated reporting tool.
- Maintain material movement request to support manufacturing orders including material requests, material moves, pick requests, etc.
- Manage outside processing orders.
- Assist inventory analyst and internal logistic functions to reconcile inventory discrepancies.
- Participates in various lean activities including Kaizen Events and 5-S teams.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Essential SIOP Analyst Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Review and analyze the forecast demand versus actual demand, understanding changes and trends
- Collaborate with SIOP Manager and Demand Planning Manager to ensure that the promotions, visible impact orders, and new product forecasts are included in the aggregate demand
- Notify Scheduling and Manufacturing of significant forecast or capacity changes in a timely basis
- Aid the SIOP Manager in communications with Manufacturing about promotions, new products forecasts, and launch timing updates
- Assist the SIOP Manager in the resolution of key supply-demand/service-cost issues
- Document assumptions, promotions, and adjustments to forecasts using Sales and Marketing teams’ input
- Analyze and upload timely and accurate periods of 18 months’ forecasts on a monthly basis
- Participate in monthly demand and supply forecast aggregation, including consensus between functions and stakeholders
- Assist with the coordination, facilitation, and documentation of regularly scheduled planning meetings
- Support continuous improvement of world-class demand planning and S&OP processes
- Measure, control, and improve S&OP plan accuracy through clearly defined metrics
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in supply chain, engineering, business administration or any other related field with 2-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing planning/scheduling Must possess excellent computer skills in MRP and desktop applications which include Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification and APICS certification are desired.
- Ability to work on computer at office on production floor
- Safety shoes and Safety glasses are to wear outside of the office
- Ability to work in the facility both office and production floor
- Typical office and manufacturing floor environment
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. (Will be listed on all positions in the United States)