Outside Sales RepSales | Cheverly, MD, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Godwin, a Xylem brand, seeks an Outside Sales Representative to cover an assigned territory for to Washington D.C. and northern VA. They will utilize individual technical, communication and product skills to solve customer fluid handling problems and increase company business through the development of Godwin Dri-Prime® pumping systems and related pumping products, particularly as related to the rental of pumps in the construction and industrial field. Preferred candidates must live in the area.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Expand the sale and rental of the Godwin Dri-Prime® Pump through establishing and maintaining customer contacts.
- Analyze and assess customers’ pumping needs.
- Recommend and design pumping systems to meet customers’ needs.
- Provide technical services and support to customers.
- Generate sales reports, bids, proposals and quotes.
- Participate in trade/professional shows and conferences as required.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Engineering or relevant experience
- 2+ years of technical sales or sales related experience (pump industry preferred) in the Commercial/Municipal/Utility markets.
- Occasional overnight travel as required.
- Individual must possess a valid driver’s license with good driving record.
- Have a high mechanical aptitude, superior customer service, computer and presentation skills, and have solid logical troubleshooting capabilities.
- Experience with pumps, mixers, electrical controls, hydraulics, and ability to read electrical and mechanical schematics is a plus.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Effective interpersonal skills with customers, employees and management team.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and remain focused and organized.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and the use of computer applications.
- Previous experience with salesforce.com highly preferred
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Occasional heavy lifting (35 pounds); job site environment
- Intermittent exposure to job site conditions; e.g., gas fields, petrochemical refineries, mills, mines, construction sites, industrial/power plants, waste water treatment plants, etc.; intermittent exposure to shop noise and fumes.
- Standard office environment free of disagreeable elements.
- Travel as required to fulfill the duties listed above or as required by the Company
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.