Field Service Electrical TechnicianOperations | St. Petersburg, FL, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: YSI, a Xylem brand, is seeking a Field Service Electrical Technician to be responsible for deploying, commissioning, calibrating and troubleshooting a variety of hydrological, meteorological systems and sensors, telemetry, and data logging devices. This position will be field based approximately 75% of the time, with a moderate amount of overnight travel and occasional international travel. The ideal candidate for this dynamic position, will have a strong technical background, including computer and IT skills, be proficient with technical report writing and standard MS Office software and be efficient working independently with an emphasis on safety.
- Install, calibrate, troubleshoot, and maintain automated weather, hydrology, water quality sensors and telemetry systems at field stations.
- Assist with installations that require small scale construction of temporary structures, using power tools and wiring of instrumentation and 12V power supply systems.
- Communicate with clients, provide service reports, and training on systems and software.
- Follow SOP’s, safety protocols and maintain required safety certifications.
- Travel to remote sites in natural settings that includes driving off road and occasional short rides on boats operated by the client.
- Trade School and 5 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with calibrating and maintaining and troubleshooting electronics used for precision measurements.
- Understanding of 12V DC power supply systems, including solar.
- Ability to communicate effectively through email and telephone.
- Experienced user of MS Office products.
- Willingness to learn using manuals, support and training about scientific data collection and telemetry devices.
- Ability to problem solve and work independently.
- Experience with working in the field in a natural setting, and in/over/near water.
- Travel for 50-75% of total hours that consists a combination of local, national, and potentially international trips with varying duration ranging from drivable day trips to multiple nights away.
- A.S. Degree in Electronics, Natural Sciences or other technical discipline and 4 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with data loggers, scientific instruments and telemetry.
- Advanced user of MS Office products.
- Ability to understand scientific data and perform basic visualization.
- Read and interpret schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Agile learner and problem solver.
- Excellent communication and client relations skills.
- Experience with power tools and construction materials.
- Proven ability to work outdoors in natural setting, and in/over/near water.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.