BuyerOperations | Pewaukee, WI, United States
Overview of Xylem
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) A leading global water technology company
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Flygt A-C Pump, a Xylem Brand manufacturing some of the world’s largest pumps, seeks to hire a Buyer to work at our Pewaukee, WI testing and manufacturing location. This position will be responsible to place purchase orders for major commodities including sand castings, fabrications and machining. This position will drive continuous improvements internally and with suppliers while maintaining good vendor relationships.
Your Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Purchases machine services, motors, castings, forgings, fabrications/machine parts and electrical components.
- Prepares purchase orders and monitors inventory requirements.
- Assists with selection of qualified vendors and monitors their performance for quality, delivery and cost.
- Develops and cultivates good business relations with current and potential suppliers, negotiating price, terms and conditions of purchase and delivery
- Help sourcing search for new suppliers, goods, and services as required
- Maintains vendor relationship and metrics while driving continuous improvement efforts.
- Utilizes total cost analysis to evaluate supply chain options.
- Works closely with the Production Scheduler to enable accurate forecasting and delivery schedules.
- Understand commodities/markets to ensure competitive prices.
- Collaborates with all departments to ensure on-time delivery.
- Coordinate with suppliers for services and urgent drop shipments, obtain freight tracking numbers and communicate to operations status of delivery
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Operations, Supply Chain, or a related discipline, and at least one year of related experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel. Familiarity with ERP systems is a must.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced work environment and maintain a high degree of professionalism.
- Effective communication and problem solving skills are essential.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting (20-25 pounds), office environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Be able to travel as needed on occasion.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. (Will be listed on all positions in the United States)