Water Spider - Night ShiftOperations | Dubois, PA, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a Water Spider. This position functions as a member of the Materials team in the Gas Operations Group. Responsibilities include providing support and material restocking to the designated areas of responsibility. This role will work night shift (6:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.) on a 3-2-2 schedule.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Maintain a safe, organized and efficient work area
- Provide daily material restocking to work stations
- Deliver materials to maintain the flow of the processes
- Gather and organize totes, carts, pallets and other equipment as required
- Assist in 5S and Lean activities to include cleaning equipment, sweeping dusting and mopping
- Keep areas free of obstacles and debris
- Gather and dispose of production waste including cardboard/plastic wrap
- Participate in company or department meetings, as necessary
- Participate in annual Physical Inventory and its preparation activities
- Perform other tasks as needed or requested
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- 1-3 years of industry and/or manufacturing and warehouse experience is preferred
- Stocking production lines and keeping the warehouse organized
- Work in a team environment
- Good communication skills
- High motivation level and ability to multi-task
- High attention to detail and ability to manage time wisely
- Demonstrated computer skills
- Forklift experience preferred but not required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manufacturing/Warehouse environment includes lifting not to exceed 40 lbs.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.