Warehouse Receiving AssistantOperations | Yellow Springs, OH, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job"
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: YSI, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a Warehouse Receiving Assistant.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Responsible for receiving and processing repair orders and maintaining all aspects of the Repair Center’s receiving requirements; time used 30%.
- Additional time will be spent doing other clerical functions within the repair center as well as other areas of the company; time used 30%.
- Working with the repair technicians to provide repair support to customer products; time used 40%
- All the above while striving to add customer value by meeting established customer service levels.
- Receive repair orders into Oracle Depot Repair.
- Maintain pending file.
- Provide information to customers as requested – by answering phones; emails etc. within the KPI stated requirements
- Maintain the return of material from Authorized Service Centers (testing of material for reject to vendor, scrap at factory, repair if possible); working with the Quality department
- Warranty and turnaround status updates.
- Provide warranty authorization decisions.
- Contact customer with evaluation information and to obtain authorization for repair.
- Enter Service and warranty data into computer system.
- Phone back up for CSR’s
- Product quality, marketing and market intelligence information is to be shared with appropriate EPG team members.
- Enter, schedule and maintain customer repair orders and data into computer system including field service centers data.
- Provide accurate and timely pricing and order status information to customers.
- Complete material transactions and ordering parts as require
- Create and distribute weekly repair turnaround time reports from all YSI Service owned facilities.
- Provide repair service to customer products
- Work with purchasing and manufacturing to secure service parts needed for repair
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Previous material management experience preferred.
- Previous customer service or repair service experience preferred.
- Must have working knowledge of PC’s and PC software.
- Typing rate of 55-60 wpm, with ability to keyboard 50% of the time.
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds.
- Experience to the level of knowing how to use basic electronic test equipment and basic troubleshooting skills (desired).
- Oracle knowledge a plus.
- Excel knowledge required
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently with high level of accuracy and efficiency
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Flex time may be limited based on requirements of the team to cover phones between 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.