Supplier Quality Process EngineerOperations | Morton Grove, IL, United States
We’re Hiring for Supplier Quality Process Engineer!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: Xylem seeks to hire a Supplier Quality Process Engineer to help execute their strategy of technological excellence and to increase focus on delighting customers. This role is responsible for assessment, continuous monitoring, and ultimate effectiveness of process performance from supplier selection through product integration. This role is focused on proactively ensuring Xylem ALWAYS receives material and components that are within specification and meet or exceed the demands of the intended application by ensuring suppliers implement and maintain adequate quality control processes and systems that align with Xylem process and performance requirements. Key success in this role will be the ability to perform failure/risk evaluations and root cause determination in partnership with a Cross-Functional Team (CFT). Supplier management will also require partnership with Sourcing and Engineering groups to assure implementation of the best possible solutions.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Use the Xylem supplier assessment program to qualify capable suppliers that meet engineering, procurement and quality requirements
- Perform on-site or remote audits at Xylem suppliers worldwide based on Xylem supplier policy & quality management system requirements for recommendations on approval, reject or development decisions and follow through on capability gaps
- Partner with Sourcing to implement supplier quality requirements during the Request for Quote process
- Create a development plan for suppliers to support performance targets and monitor performance in meeting Xylem goals
- Complete PPAP (production part approval process) for purchased parts defined as CTQ / SPC by engineering
- Perform Process Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA) to identify risks to product quality.
- Develop Process Control Plans to standardize and control manufacturing process.
- Identify impact of engineering change notifications and determine any steps necessary for change authorization with internal stakeholder alignment
- Support 8D Corrective Action for all internal and customer-identified defects
- Utilize information derived from data to identify systematic approaches for increasing repeatability and other continuous improvement activities to drive savings, collect, analyze, and report data to internal & external customers on process performance measurement
- Complete capability studies
- Conduct root cause analysis to provide support and identify solutions to resolve technical problems
- Utilize Lean and Six Sigma methods to implement best-in class manufacturing improvements.
- Identify, prioritize and implement improvements with tools, equipment and processes in order to reduce or eliminate reoccurring quality problems.
- Document, standardize and create procedures to improve repeatability, predictability and efficiency.
- Support company goals and objectives as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in applied science, or engineering field. Advanced certification as a CQE, CQM, LSS greenbelt or blackbelt a plus.
- Three to Five (3-5) years prior experience in Quality Assurance with a consumer product manufacturer or Bachelor’s Degree with equivalent relevant work experience
- Prior experience with ASME Code compliance a plus
- Background or substantial knowledge of six sigma problem solving methodologies
- Possess strong decision-making, analytical and problem-solving, and negotiating skills
- Strong proficiency of Microsoft Office Applications, Business Objects, Team Guru, etc…
- Knowledge of statistical techniques and statistical analysis software (such as MiniTab)
- Detailed working knowledge of ISO procedures and Quality Systems
- Demonstrated experience working with manufacturers, suppliers and distributors
- Knowledge in the areas of Engineering, Service, Manufacturing, and Quality
- Knowledge of basic quality topics and metrics like APQP, Statistical Process Control methods, 8D Methodology and Process Capability Index (CPK) is highly desirable
- Ability to provide informative and professional assistance when working with the public/customers and co-workers and maintain positive interpersonal relationships which encourage openness
- Demonstrated exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Successful experience working in challenging business environment where skills/abilities were stretched.
- Demonstrated success in managing inter-functional challenges
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Ability to forge cross functional ties and partnerships.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- Ability to review & approve corrective action analysis and product test plan review
- Willing to travel up to 25% to suppliers worldwide for audit & development activities
- Experience in a Union manufacturing environment is a plus
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.