Strategic BuyerOperations | Uniontown, PA, United States
We’re Hiring for a Strategic Buyer!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a Strategic Buyer at its Uniontown, Pennsylvania manufacturing facility. Responsibilities include managing supplier relations, monitoring supplier performance, and driving supplier continuous improvement and productivity activities. The Strategic Buyer will act as a key interface between the Senior Strategic Buyer and the Buyer/Planners covering the manufacturing operation. We offer a full benefits package to include Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Manages strategic development and implementation of procurement initiatives to support continuous improvement.
- Follow established procedures to select suppliers for procurement of materials and goods during the New Product Introduction process.
- Coordinates ramp-up and ramp-down of new projects
- Coordinates the change management process for changes and new projects including worksheets, and purchase orders.
- Manages War Room activities for assigned product lines.
- Execute on responsibilities as assigned by immediate management.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- BS/BA in Business, Supply Chain Management, or technical engineering degree
- 5+ years’ experience in procurement, inventory management, and demonstrated global supply chain experience.
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Excellent multi-tasking, and time management skills.
- Familiarity with sourcing processes
- Previous experience with project management desirable
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional team members.
DAY IN THE LIFE:
In this role, the working environment is a typical manufacturing plant environment under the following conditions: noise, fumes, dust, and high voltage electric current. Some duties are performed outdoors and may involve exposure to inclement weather conditions. Physical requirements include good vision and hearing; ability to stand and walk, lift, and carry up to 30 pounds.
The estimated salary range at this professional level is $70 to $90K. Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience, and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.