Senior AccountantFinance | Cheektowaga, NY, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for a Senior Business Analyst with an accounting and/or finance background, in-depth ERP functional knowledge, and the skills for process design and optimization to join the Xylem operations North America team. As part of the role, you will identify & drive solutions that enable critical initiatives and operational improvements, including the optimization of our current ERP, integrated order-to-cash-systems & operations & monthly accounting functions. In this role, you will collaborate with our Sales & Operations, teams as a critical finance business partner, bringing your finance expertise and a process-centric approach to key strategic projects and growth initiatives centered around our business.
As part of the role, you will be the key accounting contact for the site as well as work closely with Finance, Operations team members and subject matter experts to understand business requirements and develop a deep understanding of the financial processes, specifically around billing, fulfillment, revenue recognition, Inventory analysis/Control, Standard costing, PPV analysis, Margin review, labor productivity, absorption analysis, etc.
We are looking for a self-motivated, agile team-player who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, is willing to challenge existing solutions, and has a demonstrable ability to create and maintain collaborative working relationships with cross-functional teams and their leaders. The ideal candidate possesses a mix of financial accounting knowledge and knowledge of business processes and will use that knowledge to negotiate and drive alignment across the broader Finance and Accounting organization and cross functional partners.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Collaborate and partner closely with the business to ensure the functionality of our ERP) is driving value and efficiency for the organization
- Define and drive documentation of current and target state business processes and related systems flow with emphasis on order-to-cash financial processes, working to ensure that our systems automate proper revenue recognition, payment reconciliation, and reporting
- Make suggestions and drive decisions across cross-functional teams in both the technical and operational arenas, ensuring tradeoffs are understood and mitigations are put in place when required
- Develop working relationships with the Operations, Finance, IT, Engineering & Sales,
- Continuously look to make improvements to our processes and system solution as it relates to our business.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor's or higher degree in accounting, finance, computer science or related field
- 6-7 years’ experience of relevant experience, with at least 1-2 years of operational accounting experience and 1-2 years of direct project experience on large-scale systems initiatives or similar
- CPA, MBA and/or equivalent a plus (not required)
- Hands on experience completing a full cycle ERP implementation, upgrade enhancements and post-go live support
- Solid understanding of operational accounting concepts, specifically as it relates to the order to cash processes, subscription billing models, and revenue recognition
- Direct experience with Engineered-to-Order, Accounting, Financial Reporting, and General Ledger systems, understanding of financial impacts from Order to Cash (OTC) systems
- Experience working in a similar techno-functional role, i.e. product management, agile project/program management or workstream lead
- Clear communicator with keen ability to communicate findings in succinct presentations and to express complex technical and accounting concepts in a clear and concise manner
- Highly organized with the ability to drive high level critical thinking while also rolling up your sleeves to get the job done with a focus on creative solutioning to meet business team requirements and objectives
- Demonstrated ability to effectively navigate in a fast-paced, manufacturing environment to achieve high levels of performance and deliver sustainable results to the team
- Proven ability to balance multiple, opposing priorities simultaneously, demonstrating thorough attention to detail and adaptability to take on new projects and challenges
- CPA/CMA or working towards a certification
- Business Objects and/or similar database query skills
- One Stream
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting (20-25 lbs.), office environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- This role will be based in Auburn, NY but there will be some remote work flexibility.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel: 5%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.