Quality EngineerOperations | Yellow Springs, OH, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- Implement tools and methods to identify quality issues, conduct root cause analysis, implement corrective action, and apply preventive action throughout lifecycle of all products.
- Work with Operations team to address and resolve quality problems; ensure appropriate training, processes and equipment are in place for all manufactured products.
- Work with customer and technical support teams to quickly identify and resolve emerging product issues in the field.
- Work with Supply Chain Team to assure that high-quality suppliers are identified and address non-conformities with suppliers
- Maintain quality system to assure compliance with ISO-9001, ISO-13485, ISO-14001, FDA and other regulatory standards.
- Analyze data for identifying abnormalities, trends, and/or predicting future values.
- Identify and correct measurement errors, and perform uncertainty evaluation and analysis, as applicable.
- Serve as part of the internal audit team.
- Develop, document, and maintain production systems and procedures, and maintain applicable quality systems per published standards and guidelines.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Quality, Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or other equivalent lab and/or metrology experience.
- Formal coursework in quantitative analysis (or equivalent) and general chemistry. Analytical chemistry experience highly desired.
- CQE, CRE, and other quality-related certifications a plus.
- Ability to apply statistical concepts and calculations to improve process performance
- Demonstrated ability to prepare solutions, other chemistry preparations and performance of unit conversion calculations (i.e. g/dL to mol/L)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Complete understanding of quality management systems (ISO 9001, ISO 13485)
- Demonstrated root cause and corrective action proficiency
- Maintaining detailed and organized records
- Computer skills: MS Word, Excel, Access, Project
- Experience with, and knowledge of, FDA GLP and GMP
- Light lifting (20-25 lbs.), office environment and production floor
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility Travel 10%
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.