Manager, Center of ExcellenceSales | Charlotte, NC, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The Manager, Center of Excellence (COE) is responsible for the overall operations and the effective and successful management of labor, productivity, quality control and safety measures in the ACT Center of Excellence service centers. The COE Manager ensures transparency, compliance and cooperation throughout the business as well as with customers, vendors and other external parties.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Defines and implements standard work methods along with appropriate training to improve customer satisfaction and quality and ultimately reduce cost and waste.
- Shifts or redirects resources to accommodate changing priorities in order to support customer demand for service repairs and on-time delivery requirements.
- Ensure Center of Excellence maintains optimal inventory levels to meet customer fulfillment needs.
- Participates in Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) calls to ensure resources are available to meet on-time delivery schedules for customer equipment sales.
- Develops and directs a diverse team that plays a key role in meeting on-time delivery and superior quality.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- Identifies opportunities to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of operational processes through best practice sharing, process improvement, and effective analytics. Recommends innovative strategies and demonstrates strong commitment for Xylem to continue improving the customer experience, while fostering a culture that demonstrates Xylem’s responsibility to its employees, community and our mission of Solving Water.
- Develop and deliver on human capital strategy in order to enable execution of the Regional plan.
- Collaborates with the other regions to deliver the best solutions to our customers to increase revenue, operating income and deliver flawless service.
- Ensures organization is well positioned in a rapidly evolving and competitive environment by being an agent for ongoing organizational change.
- Leads the COE operations teams by providing clarity of vision and expectations; role modeling effective coaching and performance feedback, prioritizing resources; facilitating alignment of the team.
- Drives training activities for service employees to build greater capability to complete service repairs across multiple product lines; creates opportunities for cross training and career development.
- Develops and cultivates a culture of independent problem solvers who deploy LEAN tools to continuously improve fulfillment processes. Builds and maintains a process management approach through visual management, periodic inspections and development of countermeasures.
- Develops and executes a strong talent management plan including talent assessment, selection, empowerment, coaching, motivation and retention of top talent; builds and develops succession plans and pipeline of talent.
- Cultivates employee engagement and positive employee relations environment through robust and regular employee communications, performance feedback, reward and recognition culture, and focused employee development.
- Employs a diverse and creative communications framework to align employees and generate understanding and commitment to achieving the organizational goals.
- Influences and drives a culture of accountability and execution utilizing Xylem’s Core Values: Respect, Responsibility, Integrity and Creativity.
- Establishes and manages annual budget; provides regular reporting and communication to the Leadership Team.
- Ensures compliance and the highest ethical standards in all processes.
- Supports the implementation of EHS programs to reduce injury rates and avoid environmental response costs.
- Works with the Continuous Improvement Champion to execute standard service operating procedures through the use of LEAN principles.
- Advocates and ensures corporate programs and initiatives are executed effectively and in alignment with Xylem’s strategy.
- Safety Score Card
- Equipment availability percentage
- Equipment turnaround time
- Shop productivity
- On time delivery
- First pass yield
- Working capital (inventory)
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Completion of BA or BS in business, technology, operations management or related field or equivalent experience is required.
- Minimum of ten years demonstrated successful leadership experience within a complex industrial, operations or manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of and prior experience with rental equipment preferred.
- Experience leading through influence.
- Financial acumen including a clear understanding of the business drivers.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Effective interpersonal skills with customers and employees.
- Ability to demonstrate effective negotiation and influencing skills
- Demonstrated technical and project management skills.
- Assessing, coaching, and developing talent and managing multi-disciplinary organizations
- Champion of change management
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting (20‐45 pounds), office environment
- Operating a forklift and telehandler
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Shop/Job Site: Intermittent exposure to jobsite conditions and hazards; petrochemical, refineries, mills, mines, construction sites, industrial/power plants, waste water treatment plants, etc. Intermittent exposure to all outdoor weather conditions; intermittent exposure to shop and job site noise.
- Travel: A minimum of 50%+, or as required.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.