Field TechnicianOperations | Carrollton, TX, United States
We’re Hiring a Field Technician!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Field Technician will be responsible for working out in the field deploying our tools and equipment from operating pipelines at client sites. We offer a full benefits package to include 4 WEEKS Paid Time Off (PTO) for hourly positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and other additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Assess the condition of water pipelines using proprietary inspection technology and monitor pipelines for deterioration.
- Run equipment and execute field work with minimal supervision.
- Preparation and documentation are key to successful pipeline inspections. You will assist/own tasks associated with planning inspections, monitoring equipment installations, and getting tools/equipment ready for mobilization.
- You will review design drawings, write planning documents, test, and prepare inspection/monitoring equipment, and submit timesheets and expenses.
- Be a safety champion of yourself, your team members and bystanders by participating in safety meetings, actively reviewing safety risks while project planning, and taking corrective actions when on site.
- Be forward thinking to prevent problems from arising and be solutions oriented to meet challenges on the fly as we get critical data using complex equipment in unpredictable environments.
- Be a coach, be a player. There are going to be times when you follow the direction of others and times when you set the direction. In all cases you must be adaptable and willing to help.
- Provide feedback in the spirit of improvement, may it be related to quality of work, process efficiency or project outcomes. Be constructively vocal because this is what will keep us at the forefront of the industry.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3 years of previous experience in a field, shop or construction setting
- Excellent verbal/written communication
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office
- Must be able to understand technical operating procedures, ask questions, and share observations.
- Ability to read or learn to read construction drawings and/or maps
- Ability to perform basic math skills
- Proven ability to be well organized and punctual
- Available to work overtime, weekends and holidays, if needed
- Dedicated team player committed to the safe and successful operations of everyone involved
- Ability to complete assigned work in a timely manner with quality results.
- Willingness to work in confined spaces and outdoors in various weather conditions
- Must have a valid driver’s license, pass a driver background check and obtain a DOT Medical Card
DAY IN THE LIFE:
In this role, the working environment is generally outdoors in various weather conditions and the physical demands may include but not limited bending, lifting, carrying and prolonged standing. In addition, this role may require up to 75% travel.
The estimated salary range for this position is $28 - $30 per hour. Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! ! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.