EHS Compliance Assurance ManagerOperations | Chihuahua, Mexico, Mexico
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The EHS Compliance Assurance Manager leads and manages the global EHS compliance assurance program. This position is responsible for the partnering with the EHS&S team on the creation, development and maintenance of an effective environment, health, safety compliance assurance program which includes managing digital tools and databases and creating scorecards. In addition this position will manage the EHS governance systems including the Xylem Corporate EHS audit process and the EHS and operational sustainability sections of the Xylem Production System.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Evolve, develop and drive the global implementation of Xylem’s EHS Global Compliance Assurance Program which provides Xylem sites with the processes and tools to deliver compliance, demonstrate it and provide transparency to leadership about our compliance status.
- Partner with EHS team members to understand their needs, coach them on compliance assurance strategies and act on feedback on the effectiveness and efficiency of solutions.
- Develop and sustain the metrics, reports and dashboards required to support the EHS and sustainability program at the local level and for leadership.
- Communicate effectively to all levels, the progress and trends towards achieving excellence in EHS compliance assurance
- Lead the development of and own the Global EHS Compliance Management Standard.
- Support the development of the compliance management elements of EHS standards and local program
- Coordinate the development of Xylem Production System EHS questions and protocols that ensure an accurate measure of EHS performance and drive continuous improvement
- Managing the EHS audit program including scheduling assessments, assigning auditors, managing 3rd party auditors, ensure on-time completion of audits, creation of audit report and following-up on corrective action items.
- Coordinate the development of audit questions and protocols that ensure an accurate measure of EHS performance and drive continuous improvement
- Oversee planning and execution of each audit to ensure each is efficient and meets expectations.
- Develop corporate standard to define the EHS audit and assurance program purpose, set clear roles and responsibilities, and outlines implementation process
- Conduct review of audit data to identify performance trends requiring intervention and corrective measure
- Coordinate corporate EHS review and approval of actions plans submitted by site to close audit findings.
- Support business segment personnel in administration and management of EHS digital systems. Work with subject matter experts to coordinate alignment of programs, policies, procedures, tools, and processes to maximize value to each business area.
- Manage implementation of, review and recommend updates to EHS websites, SharePoint pages, EHS maturity matrix, digital systems and collaboration pages in conjunction with team. (EHS metrics database, Operations database, SDS database, on-line training, etc.)
- Actively participate in the review/update of EHS programs, documents, standards, and work practices
- Coordinate/Conduct annual auditor training to maintain audit team skills, share best practices, and identify program improvement opportunities
- Ensure tools, documents, and procedures required to support the audit program are keep up to date and organized.
- Prepare monthly scorecards by business on EHS program progress and performance metrics.
- Domestic and International Travel up to 30%
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 5 years prior related experience in EHS, or related field required.
- At least four (4) years of experience in leading, coordinating and performing EHS compliance (to include applicable laws/regulations as well as Corporate policies and standards) audits in multiple jurisdictions in both occupational safety (primarily General Industry) and environmental disciplines at the federal, state and local levels. – prefer ISO, VPP, and corporate audit experience
- Must be able to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) per the site requirements
- Experienced in evaluating audit results, identifying areas of concern, and coordinating necessary improvements with executive management.
- Experience with online EHS management systems and database tools, and digital tools.
- Experience with written and verbal communications, and presentation to executive leadership
- Have robust understanding of ISO-aligned audits (for select sites as required)
- Organizational and communication skills necessary to create annual audit schedules and work within all levels of a Corporate structure to assign audit teams, communicate associated audit action items and milestones, conduct audit briefings, create audit reports
- Effectively collaborate with audit teams and internal reviews to drive final audit reports through approval and distribution; tracking corrective actions to completion
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft office platform to include Word, PowerPoint, Excel to include macros as well as software management platforms such as management software systems.
- Previous experience in EHS
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Ability to maintain communication with EHS management/specialists in multiple locations globally
- Ability to work in production and field environments
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.