- Full meter programming and firmware updates over the air
- Customize advanced metering options including kWh, kVArh & kVAh
- 4-quadrant measurements
- Voltage and Current THD per phase, TDD (Total Demand Distortion), Distortion Power Factor, Distortion kVA, and Distortion kVAh
- Per phase AC instrumentation (amps, volts, and frequency)
- Programmable diagnostics for voltage imbalance, distortion, current imbalance, reversed polarity, high neutral current.
- Voltage sag and swell log
- Event logs
- Site Diagnostics Report
- Tamper detection tools and installation verification capabilities to automatically catch errors, wiring changes, tampering, and billing issues
- Strong overvoltage capabilities – twice the operating voltage to absorb the system events of the grid
- 256-bit AES encryption
Form Factors: 1S, 2S, 3S, 4S, 9S, 12S, 16S, 36S, 45S
- ANSI C12.1 – Electricity metering
- ANSI C12.10 – Watt-hour meters
- ANSI C12.16 – Solid-state meters
- ANSI C12.18 – Protocol Specification for ANSI Type II optical ports
- ANSI C12.19 – Utility Industry End Device Data Tables
- ANSI C12.20 for 0.2 and 0.5 accuracy class meters
- FCC Class B emissions (Class A for 600v)
The Aclara kV2c goes beyond revenue metering by offering real-time instrumentation, true power quality and real cost of service measurements. And, with over two million meters deployed since introduction, it’s a proven workhorse meter purpose-built for the challenges of commercial & industrial customers.
The kV2c is internally equipped with a Sensus SmartPoint® module, giving utilities the power and performance of the FlexNet® communication network coupled with revenue grade metering functionality and advanced power quality monitoring. Whether you are metering the simplest energy rate or collecting critical quality of service and load analysis information on a polyphase or a single phase circuit, there is a kV2c meter configuration to meet your needs.
The robust revenue-grade meter design is based on Aclara’s cutting edge technology that provides high accuracy and reliability.
Benefits to you
- Advanced power quality monitoring
- Sophisticated theft detection capabilities
- Customize advanced metering options to suit customer needs
- Flexible two-way communication via FlexNet network supporting multiple applications
- FlexNet communications network is FCC approved for operation on an unshared primary-use licensed spectrum