Welder/Fabricator- 2nd or 3rd Shift.Operations | Cheektowaga, NY, United States
We’re Hiring for a Welder/Fabricator!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Welder/Fabricator will be responsible for fabricating and welding assemblies in accordance to ASME and Military Standards. In this role, the individual will also have a broad knowledge of welding technology and experience, be able to read blueprints and work independently.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Performs all levels of welding-brazing and set-up on Heat Exchanger Product.
- Methods applied and welding assignments may vary depending on skills and welding ability.
- Use various types of manual and automatic welding, brazing and automatic & manual burning equipment, welding fixtures, shields, guards, hand tools.
- Other welding equipment required: hammers, chipping and cleaning tools, gauges, wrenches, fluxes, blueprints, sketches peck spud welder, auto lathe welders.
- Select and set-up welding equipment required
- Position, jig up, or clamp material to be welded or brazed to dimensional requirements.
- Adjust current input, selects gas to obtain proper weld for maximum strength.
- Works from drawings, specifications. Use of scale, square, protractor, templates, straight edge, plumbline and fixed gauges.
- Cleans parts and welds by appropriate means.
- Obtains parts and materials within the department.
- Clean up debris after completing each job.
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be required based on organizational needs
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Completion of a vocational school in welding practices
- 1 to 2 years of fabrication set-up and welding
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints
- Must pass a welding test
- Requires ASME Certification, military certificate (brazing) and knowledge of ASME Section IX Standards.
- Must pass welding and set-up performance qualification tests.
- Position requires a broad knowledge of welding technology and experience.
DAY IN THE LIFE:
In this role, the working environment is a typical manufacturing environment and the physical demands may include but not limited to lifting 20-25 pounds, and regularly sitting, standing, reaching, bending and moving about the facility.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.