Pump & Service MechanicOperations | Toronto, ON, Canada
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots.
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative, and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved, and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration, and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Xylem seeks a Pump & Service mechanic/Millwright to join the Toronto, Ontario team, reporting to the Operations & Service Manager. The Company’s products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services, and agricultural settings. The Pump & Service mechanics duties will include, but not limited: to dissembling / diagnosing / repairing / servicing of Flygt equipment.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Diagnosing, repairing, and servicing of Flygt and other similar Xylem equipment
- Dissembling Flygt equipment
- Assist with field work encompassing mechanical / electrical start-ups
- Assist with “On Call” for Emergency breakdowns – on a rotational basis
- Participate in Xylem Watermark activities.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Electrical knowledge of PLC’s and electrical control panels will be a distinct benefit
- Millwright License will be an advantage
- Valid driver’s license – (DZ License would be an advantage)
- Ability to operate with substantial lifting and physical work
- High School Diploma Required
- Graduation from a community or technical college in an electrical or mechanical field preferred
- On the job training will be provided
- Only local applicants will be considered for this position
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Work is generally conducted in an office environment and manufacturing factories when visiting suppliers.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and move about the facility.
- Ability to use hands and fingers dexterously to operate office equipment.
- Regularly required to listen, talk to, and see employees on a daily basis.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Work may require lifting less than 20 - 25 lbs.
- Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Manufacturing floor: work performed within manufacturing production areas such as assembly lines, fabrication, welding, etc.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.