Manufacturing Engineering Maintenance TechnicianOperations | Yellow Springs, OH, United States
We’re Hiring for a Manufacturing Engineering Maintenance Technician!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
The Role: Manufacturing Engineering Maintenance Technician preforms preventive maintenance and skilled repairs on complex production equipment. This includes working with Manufacturing Engineering on new equipment installs, equipment failure analyses, and asset calibrations. This role needs to be proficient in maintenance management software to track calibrations, preventive and reactive maintenance.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Collaborate effectively with Mfg. Engineers, Quality engineers, Product engineers and Operations associates to solve broader issues. Demonstrate the ability to work effectively in a team
- Perform reactive maintenance on tools, fixtures and equipment as needed. This includes the replacement, modification or procurement of such devices including procurement of spare parts
- Perform preventative maintenance on tools, fixtures and equipment as needed
- Perform asset tracking and calibration, in-house and with a 3rd party vendor
- Monitor and report production First Pass Yields (FPY) for all areas that are FPY-capable
- Maintain a CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System)
- Assist the Mfg. Engineering team in meeting or exceeding the stated FPY goal
- Assist Mfg. Engineering with Process or Equipment Development as requested. Assemble, wire, build and document custom systems for New Product Development projects
- Participate in Kaizen/5S events and Continues Improvement (CI) projects as required
- Self-starter – takes initiative to create and implement plans
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- Associates degree in a technical field preferred (Electronics background highly desired)
- 3+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Basic computer skills (Word, Excel required)
- Clear understanding of technical information, including schematics and engineering drawings
- Experience with troubleshooting and fixing product and process problems in a manufacturing environment
DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs. from floor to waist level on a regular basis
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Mix office, lab, and light manufacturing environments
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours with moderate overtime requirement to meet business needs.
The estimated salary range for this position is $60,000 to $70,000 plus bonus. Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.