Director, Enterprise DigitalInformation Technology | Any Location - United States, United States
We’re Hiring for a Director, IT – Enterprise Digital!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: As the Director of IT, Enterprise Digital, you will be working closely with end-users and other key stakeholders as well as leading managers, architects, scrum masters, and technical developers to streamline business processes and deliver state-of-the-art and innovative solutions in the IoT space. In addition, this role is responsible for our Microsoft-developed custom applications and Power Platform solutions. This is a new, critical role at Xylem requiring an experienced leader to define the space.
Key responsibilities of this role include working with business and IT stakeholders, supporting end users, leading the development of new features and capabilities, and managing the day-to-day operations of our IoT and digital solutions.
We are looking for an experienced product leader to grow and drive our Microsoft solutions strategy. They will define the product vision, define product features and work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to execute on their defined features. This role will lead the design, architect, and implement technical solutions to solve complex business problems leveraging Microsoft, SAP, and other technologies where appropriate.
We offer a full benefits package to include Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Define product features from a user perspective
- Lead with design and engineering teams to deliver user features tied to the value
- Perform all functions of personnel management of direct employees.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to execute on product vision cutting across all of IT
- Develop the capacity and capability of Microsoft-based solutions using the full suite of Microsoft technologies available.
- Work with Business Relationship Management and business leadership to set and maintain the roadmap for their vertical
- Identify and resolve conflicts, inter-dependencies, and program/product issues quickly and efficiently with executive-level communications
- Develop and define an enterprise technology roadmap to align with the overall company vision – integrating with core SAP, MSFT CRM and PowerBI solutions across IT
- Work with the key stakeholders to develop an application roadmap that is aligned with business strategy and product roadmaps
- Identify opportunities to increase efficiencies in business applications by studying business functions, gathering information, and evaluates requirements to provide technical solutions that integrate existing and future functionality
- Create functional and technical requirements documentation, project timelines, and test plans working through agile methodologies
- Work with offshore developers to support day to day operations and project work providing a technical escalation point and best practice guidance to develop innovative solutions to complex problems
- Doctorate degree and 4 years of Information Systems experience; OR Master’s degree and 8 years of Information Systems experience; or Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of Information Systems experience.
- BS degree (or relevant/industry-standard experience to match) with at least 6 years of experience in product management
- Experience with growing a product and setting a strategic roadmap
- Experience working in rapidly growing organizations
- Experience in IoT space preferred
- Experience with Microsoft technologies including PowerApps, Azure and others
- Must have a strong technical background and hands-on experience in software development.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong Project Management, people leadership, and business and financial acumen.
- Have a strong data background to data-driven products
- Demonstrable ability to think outside the box to resolve technical issues and resource conflicts
- Strong experience with Global Deployments and Rollouts
- Ability to travel to various locations throughout the US, Canada, and International anticipated travel approximately 20%
DAY IN THE LIFE:
In this role, the working environment is generally in an office setting and may be performed remotely. The physical demands may include but are not limited to moving around in an office environment, frequent oral communication, close vision, and ability to operate office equipment. Up to 20% time spent traveling.
The estimated salary range at this professional level is $132,000 to $237,500 plus bonus. Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, Wellness programs, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.