Client Service ManagerSales | Los Angeles, CA, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Client Service Manager will be the contact for clients that have large contracts. They will be the client’s trusted technical advisor and accountable for developing deep, consultative relationships with their key clients while ensuring we provide quality delivery of services and technical reports as per the terms of the contract and the needs of the client. They will also be accountable for growth of key contracts which aligns with the overall strategy of Assessment Services.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Develop deep and wide relationships with multiple people within client organization, with emphasis on consultative mindset
- Utilize highly technical background to navigate a variety of technical discussions with key clients
- Review and comment on project deliverables to ensure they meet the ongoing needs of the client, act as the voice of the client
- Identify opportunities for program expansion and value-added solutions and work with client to include in scope
- Consult with Field Delivery execution team to ensure quality, on-schedule, and on-budget completion
- Work collaboratively with all internal and external stakeholders to manage and meet expectations
- Be client advocate; promote client program within industry, workshops, regional conferences etc.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to peers and team members while driving client satisfaction
- Coordinate and communicate forecasts/top line growth to leadership team
- Drive a positive, solutions-oriented culture by implementing positive leadership behaviors
- Xylem is a growth company and an important measure of success is revenue growth. It is expected that the revenue for the dedicated clients will increase year over year by a defined percentage
- Participate in Xylem’s Watermark activities.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering or technical discipline, preferred
- Professional Engineering designation and/or Project Management Professional (PMP) designation; preferred
- 5+ years engineering/technical consulting/client facing field delivery project management experience required; preferably with pipes/utilities
- Demonstrated experience in contract review and delivery, budget management, typically gained through experience managing large programs and expanding work into new areas/new clients
- Ability to develop and maintain short- and long-term client business plans
- Ability to manage key stakeholder interests, internally and externally, while at the same time managing conflicting priorities and business interests while keeping client needs at the forefront
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, including the proven ability to mentor and informally lead others, conflict and issue resolution and ability to motivate and inspire others
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills plus the ability to think laterally while offering creative solutions
- Ability to work logically and systematically, with good time management
- Proactive with a high level of attention to detail
- Xylem requires technical excellence and it is expected that the Client Service Manager instill this value by providing the best science, engineering, and technology in the industry.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit, stand, or walk; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands and fingers, handle standard office equipment; and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision requirements include the ability to view a computer monitor, spreadsheets, documents, and other reports for extended periods of time.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Travel: 25% or less
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.