BuyerOperations | Lainate, Italy, Italy
Overview of Xylem:
Xylem, a leading global water technology company with over 22.000 employees dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges.
For our head quarter in Milan Lainate, we are searching for a Buyer that will be a support in the management and fulfillment of orders to suppliers for Direct and Indirect Materials. He/She will take care of order entry and follow up. Also, will be a support in the selection, evaluation and management of suppliers in order to guarantee cost competitiveness.
- The strategic buyer performs Direct/indirect material and services procurement activities and cost productivity for Xylem, focusing on goods and services supplies to Xylem Commercial Team offices and service locations;
- Identify and collect data on spend characteristics, internal customer requirements, influence supply and demand and collaborate with internal customers to drive procurement value and customer satisfaction;
- Provide a supplier base able to meet Xylem technical and service needs;
- Actively evaluate supplier performance and take action to increase supplier performance where necessary;
- Create RFQ and evaluate offers from incumbent and potential suppliers using established tools and procedures, negotiate and contract partners regionally. Maintain contracts considering all legal aspects and strategic fit;
- Create PO in the ERP system and follow up all the flow till the end of the process to meet business expectations;
- Follow-up, report, and take corrective actions based on KPIs (key performance indicators)
- At least 3/4 years of experience in Procurement , with proven negotiation experience
- Is preferably (but not mandatory!)an experience for an International Industrial Company;
- Good skills in negotiation techniques;
- Fluent in oral and written English and Italian;
- Knowledge of common ERP's and office desktop programs;
- Capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously and working in a team environment involving multiple cultures.
- Full of initiative, positive attitude to change, high adaptability.
- Ability to build relationship, create respect and trust between stakeholder, customer, supplier and management.
LOCATION: Lainate (MI)
CONTRACT: Permanent, full time, hybrid
SMART WORKING: 2 days per week
BENEFIT: Company canteen and company welfare
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.