Senior Project Manager, New Product EngineeringEngineering | Zelienople, PA, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The Treatment Senior Project Manager, New Product Engineering will be responsible for leading multi-disciplinary, global, teams in the development of new products. The candidate is expected to be a thought leader in developing the next generation of smart solutions across the water cycle with a deep focus on digitalization, innovation, and both internal & external customers. The role will also require adherence to project goals, budgets, and schedule within Xylem’s Product Development Process (XPD). The successful candidate will have high visibility across multiple departments and stakeholders and will regularly report out and interface across the Xylem enterprise.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Manage Xylem Product Development initiatives; including new product development, value engineering, and localization projects
- Define, check, and ensure implementation of the project scoping, concept development, and detailed execution planning
- Plan project processes in cooperation with interdisciplinary project teams
- Executes all project management-related tasks in the start, implementation, and completion phases of a project; inclusive of safety, quality, production, engineering execution, service, aftermarket, and regulatory requirements.
- Identify deviations to goals, define countermeasures, and lead resolution
- Support team members in the application of relevant project management processes and tools
- Lead in reporting project status and control tools such as Xylem Product Development processes, Purchase Authorization Requests, TollGate Advancement, etc.
- Prepare and conduct decision-making meetings with the site management and project stakeholders
- Lead a multi-disciplinary team in the on-time, on goal, and in-budget development of new products
- Engage with stakeholders to ensure their needs are addressed with new product development deliverables
- Proactively identifies project risks and develops countermeasures to mitigate
- Engages in conflict, conflict resolution, and acts as a change agent to guarantee on time, on scope, and in budget project performance
- Acts as a functional team leader, provide feedback to team managers on project team performance, wins, and lessons learned.
- Constantly and proactively seeks opportunities to accelerate project schedules
- Leads kickoff, brainstorming, and continuous improvement initiatives
- Actively seeks opportunities to leverage the entire Xylem organization to ensure project success
- Identifies critical capabilities, make versus buy decisions, capability gaps, and project unkowns to proactively manage within early stages of the projects.
- Provide technical leadership and drive the development and execution of the strategic roadmap for Treatment
- Work effectively in a collaborative and interdisciplinary team environment and develop dedicated working relationships
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering and/or demonstrated experience in Project Management & team leadership
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant engineering project management experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead remote teams
- Experience in dealing directly with customers or clients along with coordinating with a remote teams, engineering activities, or 3rd party suppliers
- Good understanding of mathematical and physical principles
- Excellent oral and written interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop and present within the organization
- Knowledge of water or wastewater treatment processes
- Experience in the water or wastewater industry
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to communicate orally.
- Ability to use hands and fingers dexterously to operate office equipment.
- Must occasionally lift/ transport up to 50 pounds.
- Office: Florescent lighting, dust, recycled air, cooling fans, semi-enclosed areas, central heating, seasonal warmer temperatures and office noise
- Shop: May work around pipes, valves, electrical equipment and operating machinery, etc., such as commonly found around manufacturing facilities.
- Onsite: Construction sites, water & wastewater treatment plants
- Up to 25% travel may be required (domestic and international)
- Able to effectively work across multiple geographies through Confluence and/or Slack
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.