Assistant Product ManagerProduct Management | Cheektowaga, NY, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Assistant Product Manager for its Heat Transfer business. This role is responsible for assisting the Global Product Manager in developing and driving profitable growth for their portfolio of products with our commercial teams. The Assistant Product Manager will support lifecycle analysis by gathering and prioritizing product /customer requirements, assisting with defining/refining the product roadmap annually, and will work closely with engineering, operations, supply chain, and our commercial teams to complete smaller sustaining or development projects under the direction of the Global Product Manager. Also, included as duties for this role are updating market pricing, evaluating channel effectiveness and assisting with defining value engineering priorities, and pruning dilutive products through SKU reduction efforts. This particular position also will require learning and working effectively with our ESP Thermal heat transfer sizing and pricing program.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Support the development of the product portfolio strategic roadmap covering product positioning and value proposition to serve as input into product development resource allocation, business development and communications.
- Support and execute smaller projects within the multi-year roadmap for the portfolio including; new product development, channel evaluations, value improvements, product introductions, ongoing marketing, product support and service
- Support the product life cycle (launch to end-of-life) strategy and execution including identifying solutions in all our markets by ensuring competitiveness of products (costs, features, price)
- Understands and helps to define market requirements and market and technology trends for current and future products by conducting product related market research supported by voice of customer received through ongoing visits to customers, representatives and other stakeholders
- Frequently monitors competition with respect to market performance, product portfolio and product performance
- Actively works with commercial teams to evaluate and improve performance for profitable growth.
- Actively works with our ESP Thermal heat exchanger quotation tool to ensure maximum effectiveness for orders and promotion of the heat exchanger business.
- Collaborates with Sales, Marketing, and R&D to drive next generation value propositions by a sound understanding of customer needs.
- Support the XPD new product development process by actively participating throughout the tollgate process for the business case, PAR, product specification development with the understanding of customer and market needs.
- Help to validate value proposition through market research, voice of the customer, and other data inputs
- Support the evaluation of our channel approach with our commercial teams
- Execute product launches according to the product marketing launch process in close collaboration with the Global Product Manager, Marketing and Business Development teams. Support the preparation of launch materials, strategic pricing, product availability, communication plans, training material and plan, information in product selection and configuration programs, communications material etc.
- Support the management of the entire product life cycle through phase-out
- Collaborates with global sales and marketing teams to understand rationale behind wins and losses and market trends
- Support S&OP forecast input to operations, including incorporating sales and customer input to develop the demand plan for operations and assess previous period assumptions and drive forecast accuracy in the future.
- Support the forecasting and following up of New Product Vitality Index (NPVI) to ensure targets are being met
- Follow up sales, new product sales, orders and standard margin with the aim to reach targets, if not identify and drive actions to close the gaps.
- Help with strategic pricing guidelines across markets. International price list, as well as specific product/segment focused efforts.
- Support commercial teams to drive and implement plans in order to meet targets set up in the annual operating plan including channel enhancements to meet our goals.
- Ensure that services are an integral part of the product’s value proposition
- Collaborate effectively with Marketing for sales and marketing collateral (new and existing products, application areas, thought leadership content, etc.) by contributing to content development
- Participates in technical meetings, conferences, workshops, industry days, trade shows and association events
- Active participation in the development of sales tools and ensure its product data is updated
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil, Environmental, Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering from an accredited institution, or equivalent. MBA preferred
- A minimum of 3+ years' relevant experience in product management in a utility equipment environment (heat exchanger experience is preferred)
- Demonstrated experience working in an international environment in a matrix organization within an engineering company
- Excellent computer, communication, presentation, management and analytical skills. Be able to resolve difficult technical and business issues. Be a self-starter with high motivation to achieve goals
- Fluent in English; multi-lingual capabilities desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Be a self-starter with high motivation skills
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel: 25% or less
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.