Solution ArchitectEngineering | Vancouver, BC, Canada
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: As a member of the Professional Services Team, this key person will drive the technical architecture and design of the Xylem/Sensus RNI head end system, Sensus Analytics and the whole Product Stack for client engagements. The Architect will write technical specifications, functional, and non-functional requirements for the Sensus systems. This individual will consult with clients and guide them on decisions with regards to their projects that will make the client and Sensus successful. The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to support and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced, fluid environment, while ensuring that system architecture initiatives are in alignment with corporate directives. This individual will have extensive experience interacting with clients. This key person will also have experience allocating and planning work with development staff. Travel to client sites is required.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Provide Architecture and design oversight for professional services engagements.
- Work with Software Professional Services developers to deliver Software professional services development projects.
- Create and formalize professional services processes and procedures.
- Work with product development team to ensure that PS development processes and procedures and in line with product development processes and procedures.
- In cooperation with Sensus Marketing and Development teams, incorporate client product feedback into Sensus product life cycle.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor's/Master’s degree in Software Engineering, Mathematics or Computer Science; advanced degree desirable.
- 10+ years exp
- Demonstrated ability to create solution architectural diagrams for customers.
- Demonstrated ability to advise customers about best practices for technical and business process implementations.
- Demonstrated ability to solution implementation, integration design, and business processes.
- Preferred object-oriented design and coding skills (Java, and/or C++), on a UNIX or Linux platform developing Systems software
- Good understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Have experience interfacing to databases, analytics, NoSQL big data systems or business intelligence products
- Demonstrated ability and experience in leading design workshops with customers.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a Subject Matter Expert to internal and external customers with regards to solution design, integration, and implementation.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in defining an overall technical solution, understanding the business requirements for the solution, and developing a solution for any gaps between the technical and business requirements.
- Experience creating Technical Requirements Documents and Business Requirements Documents for customers.
- Experience serving as a consultant for technically oriented customers
- Utility industry knowledge preferred.
- Proven ability to assist customers with issues that arise either during or after deployments.
- Demonstrated creativity to problem resolution.
- Customer focus and customer facing experience is required for this role.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Customer on-site
- Extended hours as needed (weekends, overtime and on-call rotations)
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.