Quality EngineerOperations | Morton Grove, IL, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Quality Engineer. This role involves performing internal, product and process audits, performing root cause analysis, facilitating corrective and preventive actions, establishing product control plans, ensuring customer satisfaction through conformance and defect resolution, assisting in third party and safety agency audits, and providing quality related data and analysis for product and process improvements.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Conduct process audits including ISIR & PPAP runs
- Execute product audits including material identification / verification & traceability
- Witness product validation and verification
- Monitor in-process testing and inspection activities
- Audit material segregation and disposition
- Review documentation control and calibration
- Survey corrective / preventive action and continuous improvement
- Represent Xylem QA at site meetings and submit daily reports to Xylem Morton Grove
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Degreed in Engineering – Mechanical, Industrial preferred, BS/MS or MBA
- Combination 1-3 years work experience in Quality Assurance / Heavy Industrial experience
- 1-2 years Six Sigma and/or Lean training
- Exceptional communication skills; verbal, written, presentation
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt a plus
- Automotive or aerospace experience a plus
- Safety training preferred, OSHA 30 hour training a plus
- Hands-on Metrology skills, a must
- Reliable transportation for local travel and off shift work
- Strong technical skills including Microsoft Office Suite, Minitab, and CAD/Visio/iGrafx
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Physical requirements include: good vision and hearing; ability to stand and walk, lift and carry up to 20 pounds
- Work is performed in a typical manufacturing plant environment under the following conditions: noise, fumes, dust, and high voltage electric current. Some duties are performed outdoors and may involve exposure to inclement weather conditions.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.