Senior UX DesignerEngineering | Bangalore, Karnataka, India
The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots; A leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
Part 1 Describe the Position
Xylem is looking for a User Interface/User Experience Designer to create clear and concise user experiences for Web Applications. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, the ability to translate high-level requirements into prototypes and intuitive interfaces, and communicate very effectively. Xylem is focused on helping utility companies visualize and make use of their data to reduce costs and improve their operation. We’re looking for people who are passionate about design, patient and confident in their communication, and who change directions quickly as the business landscape evolves. If this sounds interesting then we want to talk with you!
List the essential functions and major activities in order of their importance.
- Collaborate with clients, product management, and engineering to define and design innovative solutions
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design issues
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps as needed to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback
- Follow, help establish, and promote corporate design guidelines, best practices and standards
Part 2 Describe the Person
Minimum professional and educational background desired (include years of experience)
- Any Bachelor degree or Masters in designing
- 5 to 8 years of UI/UX experience in a team environment
Describe the most important competencies required of the individual.
- Proven UI/UX design experience for web-enabled desktop and mobile devices
- Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Proficiency in Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, Zeplin, or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- BS/MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or related experience
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process