Project Controls SpecialistProject Management | Manila, Philippines, Philippines
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Under the direction of the Regional Director, the Project Controls Specialist will compile reporting for regional forecasting and financial performance goals. The Project Controls Specialist will also collaborate and support the sales team with process controls and reporting related to opportunities within the funnel. This scope allows them to see the historical information, the short-term forecast, and the long-term forecast to help manage the regional business health.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Project Management team to monitor project progress and track it in the Master Project List (MPL)
- Accountable for MPL data integrity by tracking the revenue and costs on projects through the delivery process
- Generate reports that support the forecast using Salesforce data
- Check and report on Salesforce data to monitor accuracy of the data.
- Prepare the weekly forecast including variance analysis reports
- Prepare the Monthly Business Review (MBR) for Regional Director
- Collaborate with Project Managers and Project Accountants to ensure accruals, revenue, and receivables are being tracked and managed appropriately
- Ensure the project financials are accurate to support future cost estimates
- Ensure data is accurate in the Project Controls Systems (MPL, Cognos, TeamworkPM) and databases
- Lead project team meetings to develop and improve project management, project controls, and region-specific procedures
- Provide instruction, training, guidance, and support to project team members in the operation, use, and capabilities of the Project Controls System; establishing new procedures and processes; communicating updates to staff as needed
- Prepare custom reports with accurate information to support management with decision making
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Engineering or Construction discipline preferred; proven work experience in project controls function in the Water industry in lieu of degree will be considered
- 3+ years of industry operations experience and at least 3 years of progressive analytical experience required
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective communication skills, both oral and written, required
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft suite of tools including Word and particularly Excel, are required
- Knowledge of principles and practices of project controls
- Ability to read and interpret complex data, documents, financial information
- Ability to perform highly detailed work under changing and intense deadlines, competing demands, and frequent interruptions
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX financial and accounting system and Cognos highly desired.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Work covers Europe and Asia time zones so requires flexible work hours to enable direct contact with the relevant team members.