Intern, GBS Finance (Record to Report) - Summer 2021Finance | Charlotte, NC, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Finance Intern to join our team for the Summer of 2021. This exciting opportunity will sit within our Global Business Services team with a focus on the Record to Report tower. We are looking for a student who is willing to commit to an internship with our team beginning on June 7, 2021 and ending on or around August 20, 2021. The position will be based remotely and will report into our Global Process Owner.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
The Intern will have exposure to a number of projects throughout the course of the summer. Here are some examples of projects the incumbent will have exposure to by working on the Record to Report tower:
- Support the Common Chart of Account project as an active team member. By this point in time, we’ll should be in the middle of rolling it out to the GBS tools so they would be a key player in helping to integrate CCoA into those tools, designing and performing the UAT test scripts and reporting out with the project team on progress. After the GBS tools integration phase is complete, they will move into the BU ERP rollout phase with the rest of the project team and will be part of those critical activities.
- Support the global rollout of Blackline as the common tool for performing reconciliations and coordinating close activities. In this capacity, they would be part of the project team that rolls BUs onto the standard platform, design and execute UAT test scripts, provides training and provides regular project status reports / updates.
- Provide operational support to BUs supported by GBS through performance of balance sheet account reconciliations and analysis, maintaining / monitoring R2R and BPO KPIs / metrics as well as providing periodic report-outs on those and interfacing with the other towers / BUs / BPO on troubleshooting / resolving close related issues and acting as key contact for R2R.
- Depending on where things are at with the GBS implementation, the Intern may also function as a key team member of the team in helping to define the new design requirements, establish the end-to-end processes / framework and support the rollout. This would provide the ability to interact w/ multiple levels of the Xylem organization and give them exposure to various functional teams (e.g. – Finance, IT, CI, Procurement, etc.)
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Attending an accredited University studying toward a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- Minimum rising junior in standing
- Knowledge of project planning methodologies such as critical path planning.
- Knowledge of computers and database/spreadsheet/ word processing software
- Knowledge of basic query functions for the purpose of report creation
- Knowledge of powerpoint and basic presentation tools
- Excellent communications skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to take responsibility and function under minimal supervision
- Ability to work with wide range of people
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.