Intern - Manufacturing/Industrial Engineer - Summer 2021Engineering | Uniontown, PA, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks an Industrial/Manufacturing Engineer intern to validate production standards in key production areas. Position may also support CAD layout updates and tooling drawings at the Uniontown facility.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Perform time studies to establish proper work flow and validate standards. Identify inefficiencies and areas for improvement.
- Identify cost saving opportunities.
- Proficiency with CAD a plus.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- BS in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent (in progress)
- Prior experience in manufacturing assembly preferred.
- Knowledge and training in Six Sigma, Lean, and Time/Motion preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and Visio
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility in the production and office areas. Must use hands and fingers dexterously to operate office equipment.
- May on occasion lift up to 25 pounds.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Administrative - computer and telephone usage. Operation of basic office equipment and machinery such as fax, copiers and printers.
- Manufacturing Plant: Daily exposure to manufacturing environment and warehouse. Could spend up to 90% of time on the manufacturing floor.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.