The SmartPoint® GM transceiver for residential applications connects gas utilities with their customers, harnessing the power of two-way communication for superior service and operational excellence.
Our transceivers can be installed as walk-by, drive-by or fixed-base communication endpoints. They are easily reconfigured for optimal operational efficiency. They mount directly onto the meter, interfacing with the meter drive assembly and allowing re-use of the existing meter index.
With this transceiver, regular automated readings provide insight into consumption patterns, enabling you to improve customer satisfaction, to market higher-value services and to develop new revenue streams. Now you can use key information to better answer customer questions and provide more accurate readings.
- Walk-by, drive-by or fixed-base deployment
- Works with ultrasonic, rotary or turbine meters
- Mounts directly onto the meter
- Easy migration from walk-by/drive-by solutions to fixed-base solutions
- Remote updates to SmartPoint transceivers (fixed-base only)
- Reports alarm status
- Class 1 Div. 2 Intrinsic Safety rating
- 2 watts broadcast power
- Frequency range: 896-960 MHz
- Channels: 8000, in 6.25 kHz steps
- Proprietary narrow band modulation
- Non-volatile memory
- Operating temperature: -30° F to +150° F
- Lithium thionyl chloride batteries with hybrid layer capacitor
- 20-year warranty
- 5.56” x 5.50” x 3.0”, 1.13 lbs.
- Seven models, compatible with a wide range of Sensus and non-Sensus meters
- FCC CFR 47: Part 24D, Part 101C, Part 15 licensed operation
- Industry Canada (IC) RSS-GEN, RSS-119, RSS-210
For more information about this product, please download the data sheet.
Benefits to you
- Offers three easy ways to deploy—walk-by, drive-by or fixed-base—for more flexible meter reading options
- Enhances customer satisfaction and trust
- Preserves your investment in existing meters, indexes and piping
- Requires less infrastructure investment, with two watts of broadcast power
- Reduces operational costs via remote reading and transceiver updates