Water Detection Unit and Measuring Tape Reel
Global Water’s WL500 Well Level Sounder sets a new precision standard for well water level measurement. The Water Level Sounder meets or exceeds federal specification US GGG-T-106E (USA) or EEC CLASS II (Europe) for a guaranteed accuracy of 0.008%.
- Precision measurement, simplicity, and durability
- Polycarbonate sturdy reel
- Durable polyester powder-coated steel frame
- Corrosion-resistant stainless steel fittings
- Large, ergonomic brake and soft grip vinyl winding handle
- Water and dust-proof encapsulated electronics
- Strong and accurate NTS certified tape with stainless conductors
- Full depth stainless steel and Teflon probe
- Long lasting flexible link between the tape and probe
- Tape marked in 1 foot and 0.01 foot intervals with up to 2000 feet in length
- Audio alert beeper and LED indicate contact with the water
The Water Level Sounder uses a full depth-rated stainless steel and Teflon probe that is 5/8-inch (16 mm) in diameter. The water level sounder's sensor electronics are encapsulated in a water and dust proof housing. The water level sounder's electronics module can be removed so that the entire reel and tape can be cleaned and decontaminated. The flat spring steel core ensures that the level sounder will hang perfectly straight in large and small diameter wells. This provides unparalleled accuracy when compared to the flat white tapes, where kinks in the tape introduce slight errors, in addition to the displacement of water changing the static level.
When the water level sounder's probe assembly makes contact with the surface of the water, a bright LED glows and a beeper sounds on the reel. The water level sounder detects the bottom of the well using a specially engineered tip that causes the sounder's audio alarm to cease when the bottom of the well is reached.
The well level sounder consists of a strong NTS-certified polyethylene jacketed measuring tape that will accurately read to 0.01 foot or 1 mm. The tape reels are built of resistant polycarbonate (or, for units with over 400 ft cable, of lighter aluminum
The depth sounder is battery operated, thus there is no danger of shock from an outside power supply. Two conductors make a separate ground connection unnecessary, so the instrument will function equally well in uncased test holes or in uncased wells in rock. Water entering the well from casing leaks or perforations about the water level will not affect the depth gauge's measurements.