Value & Sustain Engineering ManagerEngineering | Zelienople, PA, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Establish, Lead, and manage the Value & Sustain Engineering team with a core focus in three areas: Value Add Value Engineering (VAVE), Sustain Engineering, & Manufacturing Engineering. The V&S Engineering Manager will develop and deliver on a pipeline of value engineering savings. The successful candidate will develop a diverse & multidisciplinary team as internal experts to scope and assign VAVE projects to our India Tech Center VAVE team for execution. The V&S Engineering Manager will additionally support the daily business needs related to Quality, Procurement, Service, Aftermarket, Production, Product Maintenance, and Execution Engineering in support of the New Product Development Team. Additionally, the successful candidate will manage and perform “should cost” analysis in support of new product development.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Manage a multi-disciplinary engineering team to set and achieve project related metrics such as: on-time execution, VAVE savings, & Manufacturing Savings
- Coordinate closely with production facility and associated teams to coordinate resources and project deliverables.
- Maintain project schedules and priorities in close collaboration with Project Managers, Stakeholders, or R&D Leaders
- Develop and implement the procedures, processes, and tools required to efficiently execute projects.
- Ensure that project deliverables meet relevant & specified regulatory standards.
- Provide feedback on alternative product offering solutions to drive down costs, opportunities for change orders, or other significant costs otherwise un-accounted for.
- Provide advanced electrical, software, or mechanical technical support to the organization as needed to resolve problems.
- Develop and implement training programs to aid in the technical development of engineering staff for products and processes.
- Maintain a strong customer focus and interaction to ensure optimum relationships.
- Work with engineering staff on career & behavioral development. Manage on-going performance through coaching, continuous feedback, and consistent communication with direct reports.
- Maintain high levels of visibility within the organization through tracking and reporting department metrics, delivering monthly reports, and frequent communications with other departments.
- Develop and maintain a “one team” culture between the Engineering teams located in the US and internationally through daily action and leading regularly occurring communications.
- Provide technical design and execution support for pilot demonstration opportunities.
- Promote and participate in implementing a continuous improvement culture.
- Maintain relationships with 3rd party manufacturers and engineering service providers
- Drive and promote cross brand collaboration within Xylem.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering
- 10 years related experience in the field of water treatment processes, projects, and products
- Demonstrated experience in leading an engineering organization
- Superior communication, organizational, management, leadership, technical, and analytical skills
- Ability and interest in driving change within the organization
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Green Belt Certification
- Working knowledge of UL, NEC, NFPA, IEEE, ASME, ANSI, CSA, IEC, CRN standards and regulations
- PTC Creo, Adobe, AutoCAD experience
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to communicate orally.
- Ability to use hands and fingers dexterously to operate office equipment.
- Must occasionally lift/ transport up to 25 pounds.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Office: Florescent lighting, dust, recycled air, cooling fans, semi-enclosed areas, central heating, seasonal warmer temperatures and office noise
- Shop: May work around pipes, valves, electrical equipment and operating machinery, etc., such as commonly found around manufacturing facilities.
- Onsite: Construction sites, water & wastewater treatment plants
- Travel Up to 25% domestic & international
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.