Technical Sales Engineer - Sensus - North East & Central South ItalySales | Saonara, Italy, Italy
Overview of Xylem
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Reporting to the Business Development Manager Sensus, the
Technical Sales Engineer
is in charge of the business development of Sensus products, in a whole country.
He/She supports the Xylem sales team in developing the product experience in key municipal water markets.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Assists the sales team in the pre-sales phase in the context of tenders or at potential customers' premises to better understand the customer's needs.
- Assumes the technical responsibility of the answers to tenders that will be entrusted to you.
- Analyze the customer's needs.
- Define and select the most appropriate Sensus solution or sourced products.
- Carry out the necessary engineering studies.
- Establish and optimize the costs of products and services, to be determined with the purchasing department, product managers and local managers.
- Prepare technical files.
- Takes technical responsibility for projects in the implementation phase.
- Update the content of technical offers before deployment.
- Carry out the execution files.
- Manage clients' needs from training to the end of the contract.
- Become the Customer’s point of contact for Sensus water solutions.
- Support new product launches
- Develop sales and support materials and training programs in local language
- Liaise with global product managers and local Italian product/sales managers.
- Tracking competition products pricing and positioning in local market.
- 1-3 years of significant experience in sales or inside sales
- Experience with Public utility clients
- Fluent in English & Italian
- availability to travel 75% of the time in the whole Italian country
- Be familiar with technology products is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in the Engineering field is preferred
- Previous experience in manufacturing contexts.
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Presentation skills
- Problem solving/selling solutions
- Time management
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.