Systems EngineerEngineering | Yellow Springs, OH, United States
We’re Hiring for a Systems Engineer!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
The Role: The Systems Engineer will serve as an integration engineering specialist on a small multi-disciplinary systems engineering team serving Integration Sales and Services (ISS) and contributes technically as an active systems and software specialist. The position is accountable for system development, implementation, and software scripting for efforts towards sales support, production support and customer support of all customer integration projects and products. Contributions directly impact the success of all product lines and systems including YSI, Sontek, Aanderaa and other Xylem brands. This role is hybrid and requires minimum 50% weekly on-site collaboration, system integration and pre-ship testing at our facility at YSI in Yellow Springs, Ohio. This role reports directly to the Engineering Manager. We offer a full benefits package to include Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Ability to read, write and build integrated systems utilizing wiring diagrams
- Provide total system integration oversight (including power system/solar panel specifications, buoys, dataloggers and sensors) from early procurement (BOM) to final assembly support and programming.
- Execution of support requests as assigned by Engineering Manager:
- Support sales teams in the quoting process, including early evaluation of customer needs and pre-project feasibility studies leading to estimations of time, resources, and cost.
- Collaborate with manufacturing engineering teams for assembly processes and documentation.
- Partner with Assembly team and QA team on-site collaboration for testing and validation prior to shipment for avoidance of Out of Box Failures.
- Provide support for Customer Service & Technical teams with installation/deployment and product usage
- Custom integration, prototyping and standardization of Xylem or third-party environmental monitoring sensors technologies, including SCADA, Modbus and Telemetry solutions and serving as subject matter expert post sale.
- Creation of engineering documentation, controlled drawings, and Engineering Change orders in alignment with YSI Design to Release process and ERP systems.
- Capable of creating algorithms which enable the whole system hardware to function.
- Assure the accuracy, clarity, internal integrity, consistency, and timeliness of all technical information submitted.
- Drive continuous improvements into engineering processes and policies.
- Assessing and evaluating new and existing technologies that are opportunities or threats.
- Work closely with relevant functional areas to achieve overall product development success (production, quality, product management, sales, customer service, finance, and technical support).
- Ensures compliance with Company's and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Assume other activities and responsibilities as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- 5+ years of hands-on engineering or science work experience in a multidiscipline R&D environment.
- Experience with water quality, water quantity, meteorological sensors and platforms is a plus.
- Willingness and ability to transfer knowledge and information to technical and non-technical audience.
- Positive attitude and excellent team interaction skills.
- Poise, good judgment, and confidence to represent the Company.
- Strong analytical reasoning and ability to multi-task effectively.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Capable of using computer-based tools to facilitate responsibilities. GBS/SMART, Catalyst, Visio, Python, Java, Smartsheets, Oracle, ERP, Master Control experience is a plus.
- Campbell CR-Basic language experience is a plus (training available)
- Ability to work with a diverse workforce and customer base.
DAY IN THE LIFE:
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Must be able to sit and stand for extended period of time.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- 10% travel; Hybrid role: Minimum 50% onsite per week (small ‘specials’ assembly environment.)
The estimated salary range for this position is $60,000 to $90,000 plus bonus. Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.