Sr. Manager, Product Line - Electric MetrologyMarketing | Morrisville, NC (RTP), United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The Sr. Manager of the Electric Metrology Product Lines is primarily focused on the North American Market and is responsible for managing, developing, and executing the business strategy for the electric market which will meet the overall vertical objectives. These objectives and goals will be developed within the vertical but designed to also support and contribute to the larger Xylem Energy Strategy. In order to successfully develop and execute the electric metrology strategy, this individual will have a deep understanding of the electric market dynamics and constantly strive to enhance our overall strategic positioning within the market and the strategic fit of our product offerings in order to maximize our differentiation and competitive advantage. Additionally he or she will be responsible for making the tradeoffs necessary within the electric metrology product lines and champion the business cases needed to identify the investment required.
The Sr. Manager of Electric Metrology is responsible for managing, developing and driving profitable business growth for their product lines.
The Sr. Manager leads a small team and manages its products through the whole lifecycle by gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product roadmap, value proposition, and working closely with the Energy Solutions, Product Owners, and RD&E teams to deliver and introduce winning products and services to the market in close collaboration with the sales teams. This role is also responsible for working with marketing to promote and develop content for training and marketing.
Defining the product strategy
- Develops the global product roadmap covering product positioning and value proposition per product line to serve as input into product development resource allocation, business development and communications
- Manages the execution of the multi-year roadmap for the global product line including; new product development, value improvements, product introductions, ongoing marketing, product support and service
- Collaborate effectively with Vertical Marketing team to develop local launch plans that will empower sales (product launches, application areas, product brand thought leadership).
- Maintains competitive mapping of strengths and weaknesses of major competitors and understands their “go to market” strategy.
Sales and Profitability
- Develops strategic plan for products, pricing, and offerings to achieve long term revenue and margin targets
- Understanding and providing data for the S&OP forecast, ownership of global product sales and margin plan. If targets are not met, executes on the countermeasures
- Collaborates with local Sales and Marketing teams to understand rationale behind wins and losses and market trends; Carefully follows up sales, orders and standard margin with the aim to reach targets, if not identify and drive actions to close the gap
- Provide strategic pricing guidelines across markets. Price List, as well as specific product/segment-focused efforts.
- Manage the product life cycle (launch to end-of-life) strategy and execution including identifying “sweet spot” applications in the market verticals by ensuring competitiveness of products (costs, features, price) by developing relevant business cases for decision making
- Drive and execute product launches according to the product marketing launch process in close collaboration with the Vertical Marketing, Commercial Teams and Communications. Being responsible for resource allocation, keeping the time line and all preparation to do a proper launch in time e.g. strategic pricing, product availability, training material and plan, information in product selection and configuration programs, communications material etc.
- Identify and execute value engineering oppurtunities to make sure optimization of the product lines.
- Develop business cases, when required, as the foundation for product brand decisions
- Thought leadership activities (e.g. white papers) by developing content and/or presenting
- Develop appealing, and when possible a quantified, value proposition which is validated through market research, voice of the customer, and other data inputs
- Collaborates with Sales, Vertical Marketing, and R&D to drive next generation value propositions by a rigorously understanding of the VOC
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering from an accredited institution, or equivalent.
- A higher degree in Business Administration is preferred. Master’s degree in business administration is desirable
- A minimum of 7 years previous experience in product management or related field.
- Demonstrated experience working in an international environment in a matrix organization
- Demonstrate excellent computer, communication, presentation, management and analytical skills. Be able to resolve difficult technical and business issues. Be a self-starter with high motivation to achieve goals.
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and problem-solving skills in order to effectively work with customers, business partners, staff and management from a variety of skill levels as well as different authority levels.
- Ability to understand technical issues and understand impact on projects, and effectively communicate these issues and impact to direct reports as well as other project stakeholders.
- Travel: International and Domestic travel required, up to 50%
- Six Sigma Certifications
- Fluent in English; multi-lingual capabilities desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management skills with proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds on a regular basis
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office or lab setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.