Senior Practice Solution Architect (Remote)Sales | San Diego, CA, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Senior Practice Solution Architect, to be a trusted advisor to clients and lead digital transformation programs focused in a key practice area of Xylem’s consultative offerings (e.g. Revenue Locater (RL), Water Network Optimization (WNO), Water Loss Management (WLM), and Asset Performance Optimization (APO) that will meaningfully improve their operations.
You will possess deep insight into your clients’ systems and challenges in this area and identify a strategy for helping them solve these water challenges using Xylem’s (and other industry) solutions. You’ll also become a deep expert with Xylem’s capabilities in your domain area and serve as Xylem’s domain expert for clients in your region. As such you will also feedback to Xylem’s Product and Leadership Team current and future requirements that satisfy clients’ current and future needs. You’ll partner with Xylem Vue Client Solutions Managers to open discussions in our key accounts and use inbound and outbound marketing efforts to secure new relationships and opportunities across your region. You will collaborate with Proposal Managers to develop winning proposals that exceed client expectations. You’ll be responsible for scoping ambitious and achievable programs to help clients make significant progress on their goals, which may include reducing non-revenue water, sewer overflows, and energy consumption, and/or improving water quality, cash flow and operational resilience. Success in this role requires strong consultative skills, good “client hands,” deep technical expertise, and commercial savvy – as well as the ability to develop a deep multi-disciplinary understanding of utility systems and solutions, and a trust-based but assertive commercial instinct.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
Develop deep expertise in Xylem’s solutions in a core domain area
- Develop deep expertise in your domain area (e.g. RL, WNO, WLM, or APO) and demonstrate a solid understanding of all major aspects of your clients’ systems from the operator’s point of view
- Earn a certification by the relevant Xylem Global Practice Lead in Xylem’s decision intelligence approach in your domain area
- Develop a deep understanding of your client’s current systems, strategic priorities and challenges, and stakeholder environment, leveraging research frameworks and support from the Marketing and Client Solution Manager team
- Act as industry thought leader, obtaining industry engagement and speaking opportunities to raise Xylem profile in your specific practice area
Drive impact and growth by developing new programs with clients
- Deliver on assigned annual Sales budget for assigned practice area within the entire North Americas region
- Secure new client programs and sales in the practice area for which you are responsible across entire North Americas region to achieve orders and revenue growth objectives
- Use inbound and outbound marketing resources (e.g. webinars, social media, trade shows) to drive growth in the broader opportunity funnel
- Serve as the key domain expert for developing digital performance transformation programs in your focal area (e.g. RL, WNO, WLM, or APO)
- Partner closely with Xylem Client Solution Managers and other commercial Managers to identify opportunities, make client pitches, and to introduce solutions in your area of expertise to clients
Connect the dots at Xylem
- Gain a thorough understanding of existing account activities across all of Xylem (including third-party distribution) by working across organizational boundaries and serve as a gateway to the capabilities of the rest of the company
- Work collaboratively across Xylem (CTs and GCs) to align and established joint priorities and pursuits
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field; MBA or master’s degree in related area preferred.
- 7+ years of water-related industry experience required.
- Knowledge of the company’s industry and specific product knowledge preferred.
- Understanding of digital solutions offerings, customer value creation, development of varied business models
- Previous budget responsibility preferred.
- Understanding and proficiency in Microsoft skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Marketo, Salesforce.com, Digital Asset Management platforms, Workfront marketing workflow management.
- Clear working knowledge of effective communications channels required and proficiency in digital marketing.
- Demonstrated ability to engage and develop deep impact, high value-added client relationships that developed over several years.
- External: Influential customers and other relevant value chain players (consultants, contractors, etc), strategic advisors to the business, EPA and other gov’t entities, trade associations and participation in industry events
- Internal: Xylem Vue business team, product management/marketing/sales leaders across the company ensuring full Xylem offer is presented/communicated and delivered for customers, digital marketing execution teams.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At least 50% travel.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Further, if the Company determines this role may be performed in or from Colorado, the minimum salary for this position is $115,000 plus bonus. Final compensation will be dependent on various factors such as location, qualifications, certifications, relevant work experience and other factors, consistent with applicable law. We offer a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.