Senior Firmware EngineerEngineering | Montecchio Maggiore, Italy, Italy
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in design, development, debug and testing of embedded firmware for electronic boards used in Variable Frequency Drives or Custom control units, by using programming languages (C, C++, C#, Visual Basic, etc.).
- Support the Hardware Electronic team in the design and debug of such electronic boards.
- Collaborate with Product engineering in defining special product requirements and design features (participate in project teams)
- Support the Quality Assurance team in defining the test specification and requirement for firmware validation
- Supports Application and After Sales Engineers in identifying potential application issues and in defining relevant solutions
- Develops product documentation for standard products, for special customer requests and manage specific customer project files
- Participates in team activities related to product development, performances improvement, cost reduction and quality improvement
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- At least 5 years of experience in firmware development in the electronic field. Experience in variable frequency drives development or motor control software development would constitute a plus.
- Experience with C, C++ is required. Knowledge of Matlab language and experience with electronic simulation software would constitute a plus.
- Familiar with versioning tools such as SVN or GIT (BitBucket and Jira integration)
- Experience in Automated tests and CI/CD (continuous Integration/Continuous delivery) processes
- Experience with signal processing and communication protocols is required.
- Previous experience in electromechanical industry would be preferred.
- Solid in utilizing the Microsoft Office suite of tools.
- Bachelor Degree or High school diploma in Electronic/Electrical Engineering or equivalent curricula.
- Fluent Italian
- Good spoken and written English.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.