Pump & Service MechanicOperations | Winnipeg, MB, Canada
We’re Hiring for a Pump & Service Mechanic
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Pump & Service Mechanic’s role will include, but is not limited: to dissembling / diagnosing / repairing / servicing of Flygt equipment. We offer a full benefits package to include 4 WEEKS Paid Time Off (PTO) for hourly positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and other additional miscellaneous benefits.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Diagnosing, repairing and servicing of Flygt and other similar Xylem equipment Dissembling Flygt equipment
- Assist with field work encompassing mechanical / electrical start-ups Assist with “On Call” for Emergency breakdowns – on a rotational basis
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- High School grade 12 Diploma, with graduation from a community or technical college in an electrical or mechanical field.
- Graduation from a community or technical college in an electrical or mechanical field preferred On the job training will be provided Only local applicants will be considered for this position
- Electrical knowledge of PLC’s and electrical control panels will be a distinct benefit
- Millwright License will be an advantage Valid driver’s license – (DZ License would be an advantage) Ability to operate with substantial lifting and physical work
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Lifting equipment and parts (30-40 pounds), shop environment.
- Standing at work bench while performing repairs.
- Regularly required to listen, talk to, and see employees on a daily basis.
- Operating overhead, jib and HIAB cranes.
- Operation of lift truck and crane truck.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Shop environment where appropriate PPE use is required.
- Shop work on equipment used in the water and wastewater industry.
- Site work on equipment used in the water and wastewater industry.
- Outdoor work on equipment used in the water and wastewater industry.
- Standard weekly job hours is 37.5 hour
- Some overtime and travel is required.