Product SpecialistProduct Management | Morton Grove, IL, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Product Specialist- Circulators & Accessories NA. This Role provides technical support and assistance to sales personnel, wholesalers, OEM customers, and contractors. In addition, this role will also support the Product Line Manager in all tasks related to day-to-day operations as well as in developing and implementing long term strategies for profitable growth around product lines.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Assist Product Line Manager(s) in developing new product designs, sizes, market driven modifications; assists in the development of marketing strategies around these product improvements.
- Assist Product Line Manager in developing sales/demand forecasts for given product lines.
- Prepares quotes on non-price book items for marketing and sales teams.
- Recommends product improvement and additions to existing product lines based on knowledge of problem resolution and customer requests.
- Answers customer inquiries regarding product application and performance.
- Prepares catalogs, instruction manuals and marketing/promotional literature, website for customers and sales personnel.
- Works with e-Commerce group to keep on-line information on pricing, product data, etc., up to date and relevant with current product lines.
- Acts as the department’s liaison to the Engineering, Sales, Finance and Operations departments involved in key processes.
- Participates as a member of product development team(s) to develop, manufacture and release new products for assigned product segment.
- Performs all other duties or assignment as directed by the Product Manager
- Specific product areas: Circulator Pumps and Hydronic Accessories
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Engineering: mechanical preferred
- Business: relevant project planning and marketing management experience.
- Microsoft suite of tools with good multi-tasking skills and flexibility to shifting priorities
- Demonstrate good analytical skills and the ability to solve problems
- HVAC System Knowledge and application; experience with electro-mechanical devices and components.Prior Product Specialist or Product Management Experience.
- Working knowledge with SAP and report generation is a plus
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting (20-25 lbs.), office environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Office: Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend, and move about the facility. Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements. Attend regular scheduled meetings as needed at Morton Grove location.Remote Work: Hybrid work from home during normal business hours as scheduled.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel: 10%-15%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.