Product Manager - YSIProduct Management | Yellow Springs, OH, United States
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The Environmental Solutions Segment of Xylem Analytics includes advanced water quality and quantity technologies used in industry-leading outdoor water sampling and monitoring instrumentation. The Global Water (GWI), Waterlog and Aanderaa (AADI) Product Manager is responsible for a diverse range of water quality, metrology, level and flow instrumentation that are part of the Environmental Solutions Segment. These products are sold through a variety of channels including direct, ecommerce, Xylem global sales team and global distribution.
The Product Manager will work with the Environmental Solutions Segment Manager to establish a strategy for these product lines, ensuring that it is well aligned with the overall segment strategy. Some major responsibilities include working with the marketing teams to develop marketing campaigns, analyzing the business to support the Segment Manager’s reporting responsibilities, interfacing with customer support and internal teams to resolve customers’ technical issues with products, assistance with the creation and delivery of pre- and post-sale product support material (manuals, launch kits, videos, spec sheets, etc.), and working with operations to help meet on-time delivery goals. In addition, the Product Manager supports all stages of the product life cycle, from Voice of Customer, concepting, product definition, development through discontinuation. A critical function of the role is to work directly with product development teams (internal R&D and external partners), customers and internal stakeholders to ensure successful product launches that meet the financial goals of the project.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a product line-specific strategic marketing plan that is align with the sales and Mar/Com teams in order to meet orders and sales goals.
- Support the Environmental Solutions Segment business and marketing plans.
- Create campaign metrics and analyzing the success against those goals.
- Track Orders and Shipments versus plan. Analyze and report financial performance versus plan on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis, including a quarterly analysis of sales by product and region.
- Provide monthly and quarterly reports on the status of programs and initiatives.
- Generate and assist with the development of technical marketing materials (content/sales tools) to support product launches, sales and marketing activities. Examples include: demonstration videos, web assets, webinars, presentations, application and technical notes, product literature such as catalogs, specification sheets and brochures.
- Develop training materials and provide product training to customers, external teams and distribution partners
- Work with Xylem Analytics Mar/Com and Digital teams as required including updating and maintaining web content
- Perform competitive analysis and assure proper product offering, positioning and pricing
- Establish product pricing based on product positioning analysis.
- Research and analyze market share and market trends in surface water, groundwater and adjacent markets to identify new strategic and tactical growth opportunities.
- Keep sales, marketing and other company personnel informed about the product line, competitive activity and potential new business opportunities.
- Create new sales opportunities through proactive efforts with major customers and continuous marketing intelligence gathering.
- Manage Product Line’s strategic road map and entire Product Life cycle from ideation to discontinuation.
- Define product requirements for the engineering team to guide New Product Development (NPD)
- Participate in regular Voice of Customer exercises that will help identify, define and prioritize new product development projects that result in products with features that truly meet customers’ needs and solves their problems.
- Work with business stakeholders to define and prioritize new product offerings.
- Provide demand forecasting to Operations using internal tools and processes
- Identify and foster relationships with key distributors, customers and industry associations.
- Participate in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Four-year college degree in Science/Biology, Engineering or Business with a technical background.
- 2 to 5 years of product management experience.
- Experience working in a technical, professional environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills – samples of high-quality writing may be submitted with application.
- Comfortable using business technology
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Customer service oriented - Proven ability to work constructively with customers.
- Strong business acumen
- Persuasiveness - Ability to create enthusiasm around ideas.
- Ability to interpret/analyze data and translate findings into strategic planning information.
- Ability to perform as both a strategic thinker and tactical planner
- Comfortable operating as part of a cross-functional team that includes marketing, technical, administrative and operations team members
- Highly adaptable to change, as Xylem is a rapidly growing enterprise
- Technical training/experience in relevant applications is preferred
- Experience selling or using scientific analytical instrumentation, with preference given to water quality and hydrology experience
- The Candidate should bring an awareness of the global challenges we face regarding environmental water quality and be highly motivated to serve a customer base that takes these issues seriously.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting (20-25 lbs.), office environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work performed in an office setting working remotely or from a Xylem office free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel - up to 25% travel required, domestic and international.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.