OperatorOperations | Milford, OH, United States
We’re Hiring an Operator!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Operator will be responsible for safe, accurate and professional operation/maintenance of valves and fire hydrants. You will follow written procedures for assessing, operating, maintaining and testing valves and fire hydrants. You will also become familiar with the duties of the Crew Chief in order to provide advancement opportunities within the organization. We offer a full benefits package to include 4 WEEKS Paid Time Off (PTO) for hourly positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and other additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Support tool/equipment assembly and disassembly under supervision, including cleaning tools and equipment.
- Actively participate in onsite safety and planning meetings to review safety risks and areas of concern based on planning documentation and onsite observations.
- Keeps site clean and free from potential tripping and safety hazards.
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be required based on organizational needs.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certifications:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Previous experience working in a field-based or construction environment.
- Strong communication skills; must be able to understand technical operating procedures, ask questions, and share observations (primary language in the work environment is English)
- Good understanding of technology and/or mechanics and can problem-solve.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record and the ability to obtain a DOT Medical Card
DAY IN THE LIFE:
Physical Demands may include but not limited to:
- Standing for a prolonged amount of time.
- Regular bending, lifting, and reaching.
- Frequent lifting of up to 50 pounds
- In this role, the working environment is outdoors in various weather, traffic, and environmental conditions.
- Travel: 75%
The estimated salary range for this position is $19.50 - $23/Hr. Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.